City vs Villa - post match thread

A good performance, albeit against a side already resigned to relegation.

Some recurring themes...
Against sides that don't press us with any conviction, we'll win almost always.

Kun is simply amazing. Needs virtually no space to create goal scoring opportunities. IMO top 3 (arguably best) pure striker in the world at the moment.

Bony - mystery bad form continues. He doesn't fit our style particularly well, but even so, it's amazing how poor he's been for us. Sure to be sold in the summer - I wish him well at his next club (Bony always seem to try his best, but for whatever reason, he almost always doesn't perform well for us).

Yaya Toure - absolutely world class and unstoppable when motivated. After he scored, his commitment to the game went up 100% - when arsed, Yaya is even a world class defender - for example stealing the ball off (I forget whom) from behind without fouling. Trouble is, without constant motivation and enough rest, Yaya is all too often disinterested - providing nothing either on offense or defense.

Some surprises...
Glad that Pellers did not sub off Kun once he was on a hat trick. But that may have been down to the manager's desire to get Silva and Toure off the pitch and rested.

Yes, you want to protect your best players... but you need to balance that against personal ambition. On a hat trick... pulling him is really going to cause problems. On the whole, unless you can motivate the player, probably best to leave him on. Pellers is the master demotivator for me (I admire him as a person, but as a manager he really isn't good at all - tremendous at avoiding controversy, but horrible at motivation, tactics and strategy).

Top 4/Win the League?
* Not surprising that Leicester continues to win. IMO they'll win the league.

*Great that Spurs and Arsenal drew. But maybe better for our chance at a Top 4 finish if Spurs won. Arsenal can choke... but Spurs under Pochettino keep improving. I don't see us catching Tottenham.

*West Ham are in the mix. Won a very tough game against Everton. If we, ManU and/or Arsenal screw up, the Hammers will take 4th.
=========

All-in-all, I was extremely happy with the win. We're on course for a top-4 finish to the season.

Last edited:
Match Day experience with @gordondaviesmoustache GDM Tours.

1.00 PM Lovely lunch in the Heatons followed by chauffer driven limo to the Etihad. All going well so far.

3.00 PM Drunken Idiot [DI] arrives in seat next to me. Nutter on the bus time. DI wants to know where Sterling is and describes him as a wanker.

3.01 PM GDM suggest that DI supports the team.

3.02 PM DI suggests GDM join him downstairs for 'a bit of fun'.

3.03 PM GDM questions DI's taste in tatoos.

3.04 PM DI further suggests that GDM join him downstairs where DI will take all his clothes off to show GDM the full repertoire of his tatoos.

3.05 PM I suggest to DI that he is entitled to his opinion and to GDM that he might want to stop winding up an inebriated moron.

The strangest start to a match that I've ever experienced.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.