City vs Villa Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
I think the players who didn't play in internationals have a very good chance of starting;
Maicon, Lescott, Garcia, Nasri, Silva, Tevez, Sinclair, Barry
You have overlooked Milner and Clichy. Also, did Nasty play midweek?

Mancini doesn't like to play anyone who's been away on international duty, also if someone had a problem like Clichy has this week (back), i think he will leave him out too. Also i think he might leave Yaya out as he's virtually played every minute of every game. No matter where we are in the CL group, its these games the team, club and manager are being judged and for this reason he will have one eye on Weds.

......................Hart

Maicon....Kompany...Lescott...Clichy

...........Garcia.........Barry

Milner........Nasri........Silva

.................Balotelli<br /><br />-- Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:07 pm --<br /><br />
IBlue said:
Mancini doesn't like to play anyone who's been away on international duty, also if someone had a problem like Clichy has this week (back), i think he will leave him out too. Also i think he might leave Yaya out as he's virtually played every minute of every game. No matter where we are in the CL group, its these games the team, club and manager are being judged and for this reason he will have one eye on Weds.

......................Hart

Maicon....Kompany...Lescott...Kolarov

...........Garcia.........Barry

Milner........Nasri........Silva

.................Balotelli

I watched the press conference on <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.mcfc.co.uk</a> and I think Mancini said that Clichy had a back problem and trained yesterday or today, and we are waiting to see if there's a reaction or something to that effect

Marvin said:
I watched the press conference on <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk</a> and I think Mancini said that Clichy had a back problem and trained yesterday or today, and we are waiting to see if there's a reaction or something to that effect

Yeah, he trained today but Mancini doesn't tend to take any risks, however the injury could have been a smokescreen to keep him away from the international......surely not!

Whilst not wanting to tempt fate, or suggest that Villa will be a push over (in fact we have that cup game to get revenge for / redeem ourselves from) I do think that tomorrow will herald our return to form. 4-1 to us.

Completely agree with giving Maicon an outing at right back - his pace will help against them and he deserves a chance in the league. Pace is also the reason why I'd give Clichy the nod at left back too if fit,, but it will be Tevez's day tomorrow I think - can see him grabbing a brace and setting up a couple too.

Though he played in midweek, I don't think Bobby can deny Edin from the starting line up any longer either, so I think we will see one of Milner and Garcia drop out to allow Silva and Nasri to play together.

Villa will look to do to us what they did to the scum for large parts of the first half, quick counter either through the pace and power of their forward(s), or via a searching pass from Ireland or similar. I think by way of possession, if we hold our shape in the middle they'll be reduced to just the former, which is where Vinny and Joleon need to mop up and be assured, and Clichy and Maicon need to be aware enough to get back in timely fashion.

......................Hart....................

Maicon....Kompany...Lescott...Clichy

...........Milner/Garcia....Barry..........

..Nasri........Tevez..........Silva..

.................Dzeko..................

Chris in London said:
chrishull said:
bobmcfc said:
Had in my head all week this game was in Sunday lol. Really exited its tomorrow as I hate waiting for Sunday games

3 o'clock on a Saturday??!!??

What a stupid time to have a football match!!

Will this be our first of the season? Pretty sure every home game has been on telly up to now

WBA away was 3 o'clock on Saturday....I think.

lionheart said:
Marvin said:
I think the players who didn't play in internationals have a very good chance of starting;
Maicon, Lescott, Garcia, Nasri, Silva, Tevez, Sinclair, Barry
You have overlooked Milner and Clichy. Also, did Nasty play midweek?
Nasty did yes. Forgot about Milner. I didn't mention Clichy as he's an injury doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.