City vs Villa Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't under-estimate Villa. They pushed utd really hard, and unlike Spurs I'm sure they really will counter-attack. Agbonlahor and Bentenke have the perfect game to hit us on the break, and Ireland looks back on form.

We should do them, but we can't take anything for granted.

Villa's position in the table doesn't reflect their recent performances, the rags nearly slipped up against'em and they could get something from either us or Arsenal in their next two games (probably and hopefully the later), Benteke and Agbonlahor gave us huge problems in the League Cup loss, and the former reminds me a little of Didier Drogba in his early Chelsea days, Kompany is practically his mentor in the Belgium team so hopefully he may know how to stop the big fucker after what he did to Smalling and to a lesser extent Rio Ferdinand.

simon23 said:
----------hart------------

zabba---kompany----lescott-----clichy

------barry--------yaya

------------silva-------------

tevez------edin---------aguero

subs: balo, nasri, milner, maicon kolorov, pantilimon

give nastic a rest as only young and just getting used to premiership

Would love to see this starting 11

We have had a taster on what they could do in the Carling Cup game. If we approach the game like we did against Spurs then we will get the 3 points.

Zab/ade

I have not been as confident of an easy victory since we last played in the League Cup. Who was that against again? Seriously, even if we rest a few stars for the Madrid game, which may well happen, we should ultimately prevail.

Fucking well pissed off.

First game at home I will have missed for many a year as am at a wedding.

Hate not being at the Etihad when we are playing.Very frustrating.

Lets hope we can put the pressure on the rags to win because we could be clear by the time they play at Norwich. People are to quick to write Norwich off but don't be. They gave Arsenal a beating so quietly confident they can get a draw.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Fucking well pissed off.

First game at home I will have missed for many a year as am at a wedding.

Hate not being at the Etihad when we are playing.Very frustrating.

Lets hope we can put the pressure on the rags to win because we could be clear by the time they play at Norwich. People are to quick to write Norwich off but don't be. They gave Arsenal a beating so quietly confident they can get a draw.
Just fuck the wedding off :)

Our best back 7 in the team are now very obvious

...................Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Nastacic Clichy
...............Yaya Barry

The Yaya Barry combination really works well for the fluidity of the team.

In front of them is more difficult. Silva and Kun have to play, which leaves two.

There is an argument that for all Tevez's effort and ability we actually play better without him. See the last two games as evidence of this.

I think that Edin has done enough to warrant a start. That leaves Nasri playing in the slightly deeper role where he has done well recently.

Obviously we won't play this lineup against Villa as we still have an outside chance if we beat Madrid next week.

The team for Villa will probably include Balotell, Maicon and Milner, as they need game time and are unlikely to be crucial for the following match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.