City Vs Watford (FA Cup) Post Match Discussion Thread

I thought it was a decent and thoroughly professional performance, exactly what I expected. Impressed with the number of Watford fans although their united chants were tedious at best. Mind you not quite as tedious as the two bell-ends near me who had been displaced from the South Stand due to the away support and felt the need to constantly give everyone around them grief for not standing up and more or less telling everyone that they weren't proper City fans. Honestly, when they move the fans from the South Stand it reminds me a bit of when they had a real push with care in the community in the 80s.

1.618034 said:
cleavers said:
1.618034 said:
I wonder what the FA think of him doing this...? I guess it's not against any rules but it's surely inadvisable as it's asking for trouble IMO.
I don't see a problem with it to be honest, at least he's not up his own arse like Clattenburg and Jones.

Fair enough. But it is very unusual and for me the ref's part in the show should be to remain detached from the emotion and remain completely neutral. Something Dowd has a real problem with.
Graham Poll did something similar at Preston in the FA Cup a few seasons ago. We'd been giving him the usual but then he gave us a penalty at the end the City fans were in. We started singing "One Graham Poll, there's only one Graham Poll..." and he laughed and gave us the thumbs up. Quite funny that.

Dowd's still a fat, incompetent **** though.

this made me laugh from their forum

Originally Posted by J.B 
Who cares what City fans think?No offence to the ones who have posted on here who have come across well and who's posts it has been a joy to read but in general they are widely regarded as the most classless, pathetic set of fans going. If you are embarrassed it should be with how you feel about what our fans are doing rather than what opposition fans think of us.

Watford fan here. Interesting points about Watford being "small time" for singing United songs. I agree that was a bit rubbish. However, before that started the City fans were singing luton songs, so by your own rationale that must make City "small time" as well. Good noise from City fans in 111 (where I was covertly located). I can confirm that most of you need a good meal or two, and *some* of you would benefit from new footwear and clothing. I blame your parents. Based on comments I heard, there seemed to be below average levels of intelligence in 111 which I am sure is not representative of the rest of the Man City fans. "Don't you have money in London" drawled one fine example in nasal tones as he waived a credit card and shouted "Credit Card"? This passed as humour in 111 but it was lost on me. I am surprised no-one noticed the only bloke not celebrating the goals and not spending the entire match looking at the, admittedly, much better looking Watford fans who appeared in much ruder health and extolled a higher standard of language than City throughout.

Now before the positives escape me, it was a thoroughly professional Man City performance on the pitch. It seemed like City had another gear or two if needed. Watford, at least, stuck to their principles and played the ball out of defence without fear despite the class of the opposition. In years gone by we might have gone for a blood-and-thunder approach. We'd have scored 1 or 2 but probably have shipped 7 or 8 against this City team of top internationals.

Finally - thoroughly enjoyed the City singing, some absolute quality songs in there. You could do with the noise of 111 being replicated elsewhere in the stadium which was fairly quiet (as were the Watford fans). And yes, we were there because you were the champions. This was hurled as an insult by Man City fans, which again I did not understand. The stark reality is that as an away fixture, on account of the location, the people, the weather and the overwhelming stench of poverty no-one really wants to go to Man City, with this year being the exception. To see the title winning team. So enjoy it and revel in it. It would be nice to see City win the league again and perhaps your fans can grow into the status of champions....

bg20271 said:
Watford fan here. Interesting points about Watford being "small time" for singing United songs. I agree that was a bit rubbish. However, before that started the City fans were singing luton songs, so by your own rationale that must make City "small time" as well. Good noise from City fans in 111 (where I was covertly located). I can confirm that most of you need a good meal or two, and *some* of you would benefit from new footwear and clothing. I blame your parents. Based on comments I heard, there seemed to be below average levels of intelligence in 111 which I am sure is not representative of the rest of the Man City fans. "Don't you have money in London" drawled one fine example in nasal tones as he waived a credit card and shouted "Credit Card"? This passed as humour in 111 but it was lost on me. I am surprised no-one noticed the only bloke not celebrating the goals and not spending the entire match looking at the, admittedly, much better looking Watford fans who appeared in much ruder health and extolled a higher standard of language than City throughout.

Now before the positives escape me, it was a thoroughly professional Man City performance on the pitch. It seemed like City had another gear or two if needed. Watford, at least, stuck to their principles and played the ball out of defence without fear despite the class of the opposition. In years gone by we might have gone for a blood-and-thunder approach. We'd have scored 1 or 2 but probably have shipped 7 or 8 against this City team of top internationals.

Finally - thoroughly enjoyed the City singing, some absolute quality songs in there. You could do with the noise of 111 being replicated elsewhere in the stadium which was fairly quiet (as were the Watford fans). And yes, we were there because you were the champions. This was hurled as an insult by Man City fans, which again I did not understand. The stark reality is that as an away fixture, on account of the location, the people, the weather and the overwhelming stench of poverty no-one really wants to go to Man City, with this year being the exception. To see the title winning team. So enjoy it and revel in it. It would be nice to see City win the league again and perhaps your fans can grow into the status of champions....

ok I'll bite

You signed up just to type all that bile ? Bitter ****.

Luton songs? You mean LUTON LUTON give us a song? Not exactly a LUTON song is it?

Watford........Not exactly Kingston On Thames is it?

Did you say any of this to the lads in 111?

Didn't think so.

Probably a cockney red eh?

U.N.I........T.E.D you know the rest

we sang luton give us a song, hardly singing pro luton songs that now is it? if that guy was waving around his card, maybe it was in response to the arsenals favourite song 'we pay your benefits' oh the southern humour is brilliant!

bg20271 said:

Watford is a a complete and utter toilet tbh, so coming on here to criticise the social standing Manchester and city fans makes you out to be a complete hypocrite.

bg20271 said:

The comments you have made here make a bigger mockery of your fanbase
than those who made a fool of themselves by chanting United (in Mockney accents)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.