City Vs Watford (FA Cup) Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoveCity said:
r.soleofsalford said:
Let me get this right. You want Manchester city, a team in 2nd place in the premier league to take a massive gamble on a player with little if any playing time in 1st class football.

Seems to be like he wants Manchester City, a team that may have only two strikers available on Saturday, to give one of the most highly rated young strikers in Europe some game time against a Championship side.

However, David Platt seemed to suggest he is not ready to play yet after his injury.

Heard that to, but then in the most recent tunnel cam, at around 2:35 John is seen returning from the pitch after what I presume was some sort of warm-up.

I don't see why so many people think that we will rest the big players it will be our best team imo, we have a weeks rest before Arsenal and its our best chance for silverware. Mancini will have to win something to stay in the job this season so I cant see him playing the likes of Saurez and Rekik together with fringe players.

greasedupdeafguy said:
I don't see why so many people think that we will rest the big players it will be our best team imo, we have a weeks rest before Arsenal and its our best chance for silverware. Mancini will have to win something to stay in the job this season so I cant see him playing the likes of Saurez and Rekik together with fringe players.
If he ''only'' (yes; I know. 2 short years ago, we'd have put our collective grannies on the game for the FA Cup!) picks up the FA Cup this season, Bob could be walking on thin ice. The owners are looking for year on year progress and after three seasons of CL qualification, then the FA Cup, then the biggy, winning the FA Cup only this season will hardly be looked upon as progress. Will it?

No it doesn't, but neither does winning nothing.

Couple of younger players who deserve to play I have no problem with but other than that we need to play a strong team.

Has everyone forgot what happened against the shittist villa side for 10 years or longer.

Even if it means playing silva for 45 mins, getting a couple of goals and then taking him off.

Marvin said:
It will be a strong team I am sure

Sounds as if mario maybe on the bench as he's back in training now (don't know if he was in training today, or even if there was training - going off interviews which Platt and mancini have given)

--------------Hart
-Zab--Kompany--Lescott--Clichy
--Milner--Barry--Silva--Sinclair
---------Tevez--Dzeko
He was def in training today!!!!!

Tevez City said:
.....................................Panti

Maicon.................Rekik................Lescott............( Left back from the EDS)

..................................Milner............Garcia

(Attacking Mid from the EDS)...........................Sinclair

.................................Tevez.............Dzeko
<br /><br />-- Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:55 pm --<br /><br />
Tevez City said:
.....................................Panti

Maicon.................Rekik................Lescott............( Left back from the EDS)

..................................Milner............Garcia

(Attacking Mid from the EDS)...........................
Sinclair

.................................Tevez.............Dzeko

Pity we let attacking mid and England capped Ahmed Benali go to Italy ...

I hope Guidetti can get himself on the bench at least.

I really want to see what he can bring to the team after such a wonderful season at Feyenoord last season.

Ian said:
Marvin said:
It will be a strong team I am sure

Sounds as if mario maybe on the bench as he's back in training now (don't know if he was in training today, or even if there was training - going off interviews which Platt and mancini have given)

--------------Hart
-Zab--Kompany--Lescott--Clichy
--Milner--Barry--Silva--Sinclair
---------Tevez--Dzeko
He was def in training today!!!!!
Love him to play at the weekend and shut up all the drama queens

Being a casual reader of this site it's great to see Watford as one of the main themes. It also makes me smile reading the gripes about ticket allocations/moving seats/top tier open & wfc fans being in the home end etc. It's so fun being such a top draw :-) BIG SMILE!!! It was very similar conversations regarding ticket allocations for Watford fans for this game.
So long as it a good game and we don't get smacked I'll have a good time there are 7 staying and mine and another 20 or so at mates.. a draw or a win and I will definitely be avoiding the the Park Hotel in Monton on the way home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.