City Vs Watford (FA Cup) Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sandinista20 said:
Being a casual reader of this site it's great to see Watford as one of the main themes. It also makes me smile reading the gripes about ticket allocations/moving seats/top tier open & wfc fans being in the home end etc. It's so fun being such a top draw :-) BIG SMILE!!! It was very similar conversations regarding ticket allocations for Watford fans for this game.
So long as it a good game and we don't get smacked I'll have a good time there are 7 staying and mine and another 20 or so at mates.. a draw or a win and I will definitely be avoiding the the Park Hotel in Monton on the way home.

nothing wrong with the park apart from the shithouse rags who disappear when we win

Never said there was anything wrong with it. From what I remember it was a City pub RAGs did not go in there very much, seems to have changed. That may have something to do with Drop closing.

I read that Fitz Hall is out for Watford. He was a highly-rated young player at Oldham who was tipped to go to City but never did.

I am certain that the City management are telling the players that this game is a priority for the club, but in so many FA Cup games I've seen City take the game easy and struggle as a result. Watford are going to play this game like a Cup Final, and commitment and skill can trun over anyone so City have to be very careful. On the plus side, the ground will be full, and that should emphasise to the City players that this game matters. Too often Cup games are played in front of empty seats and that sends a bad message to the players

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dbaxAHD8D8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dbaxAHD8D8</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-city-managing-mario-balotelli-1517144" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... li-1517144</a>
The Press start it :-)

Re: Watford at Home should be a great FA Cup Day

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
We dont play for 8 days after.

Rest 2/3 but don't leave anything to chance.

Hart
Kolo
Kompany
Lescott
Clichy
Milner
Garcia
Yaya
Balotelli
Dzeko
Tevez.
kolo and Yaya unavailable :( squad is looking thin atm. Maicon in for Kolo (if not fit than Zaba). Silva and Sinclair in Yaya and Balo.

With us not playing Arsenal until next Sunday, I think we should risk this game with playing a very strong team.

My only real concern is in defense, especially at fullback positions, but I suppose that's just the way it is in football.

-------------Pantillimon-------------
Zabaleta-Kompany-Nastasic-Clichy
-------------Barry-Garcia-----------
Silva-----------Tevez--------Sinclair
----------------Dzeko----------------

I don't think this team will play as I think we will see more youngster in there such as Rekik and possibly Suarez, but I just hope Mancini does not do what he did against Villa in the League Cup where he put out quite an inexperienced and overall poor team.

Just get the game won then start putting youngsters on, I don't want us having any replays with us 7 points behind in the league, worse still running the risk of underestimating them and going out again at the first round of us being in it.

I hope Guidetti makes the squad!

cibaman said:
How many games has Guidetti actually played recently?

Nil.<br /><br />-- Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:55 am --<br /><br />------------------Pants-----------------
Zabaleta-----Lescott----Nasty---Rekik
-------------Garcia----Barry------------
Milner--------------Tevez-----------Sinclair
------------------Balotelli------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.