Richards Vinnie Nasty Clichy

Milner Rodwell Fenandinho Lopes

Dzecko Jovetic

Will definitely not be this

Aguero
Silva Dzecko Negredo Navas

Kompany Hart Pants Demichelis

Richards Zab

Not sure you can second guess what team, I was convinced Rodwell/Jovetic/Richards/Milner would start on Tuesday we were 6-0 up and still played Aguero/Beast/Navas and Fernando so could be anything, whoever plays it will be a joy to watch.

PS Cant see Garcia on either team, which given his performances I am surprised, even if you don't like him you have got to concede he has played well last few games! He would be a definite starter Saturday for me.

I would have thought Rodwell would start with possible replacement by Garcia later in the game just from the point of view of improving his fitness and giving Javi a rest. If Rodwell and Jovetic can both get at least 45 minutes it will be a plus for the rest of the season.

I have never been a great fan of bringing a player who is coming back from injury for e.g. the second half, play them from the start with a planned substitution that way they know they can give 100% for a limited time thereby improving their fitness. if you bring on a player who needs to get match fit part way through a game you always risk having to sub them thereby wasting a sub and, possibly pissing off a player who would have expected to start. Manuel seems to have the squad happy and as a ex-player myself I would much rather be told we are starting XXXXX so he can get some fitness before our important run of games and you will come on for him when I think he has had enough playing time than just " you are on the bench".

Keep happy, keep scoring.

Just a thought, I love the spell check being added to the post topic/reply it saves me from looking illiterate ( I'm not, just dyslexic in front of a key board) but would it be too much trouble to add the names of the current city squad to the dictionary just to avoid all that red when you mention players by name?

Canadian Citizen wrote:
Anyone remember when Elton John owned Watford? That seems like a lifetime ago. Maybe, he'll be sitting in the stands :)

I sat 5 seats away from him when non league Northwich Vics knocked them out of the FA Cup in 1976-77 season by winning 3-2....he cried at full time...priceless....

the blue panther said:
Adebayor said:
Will definitely not be this

Aguero
Silva Dzecko Negredo Navas

Kompany Hart Pants Demichelis

Richards Zab

I like the look of that - it rings of a Stuart Pearce type selection. Happy days...jumpers for goal posts.

Actually I like the look of that too. You want to seriously fuck people's minds up? Aguero in goal. Obvious - he knows how strikers think, so he should be able to psyche them out. Back line of Silva, Dzeko, Negredo, Navas. Silva going on his trademark overlapping runs, Dzeko and Negredo like rocks in central defence. Attacking midfield - Kompany, Hart and Pants (yes! definitely! spraying pinpoint passes all over the place) and Demichelis. Finally, your unstoppable spearhead - Richards and Zabman, sneaking in behind the oppostion defence. Now that is something that I would pay to go to see, just once in my life.

Was anyone at the terrible home loss to Forest 5 years ago.

Travelled to that thinking it would be an easy win - Robhinio & Ireland out, SWP off after 15 mins & downhill all the way.

Since then I've always been very wary when we get championship sides. But I've taken the chance anyway and will be in 130. Enjoy, everyone going!

Need to rotate a few, get a solid starting lineup to a) win the game and b) prepare and get ready for two important league games.

whilst I agree regarding over playing our best players , surely we should not go down the route of wrapping them in cotton wool in any event many serious injuries also occur during training , a bad tackle , or even the normal pulls strains etc Even a passionate night with the missus or a mix up with a duty free trolley its true we haven't had great run of being injury free, but we have a strong squad ,even if we are going full throttle for a full house in terms of trophies

oz1975 said:
Was anyone at the terrible home loss to Forest 5 years ago.

Travelled to that thinking it would be an easy win - Robhinio & Ireland out, SWP off after 15 mins & downhill all the way.

Since then I've always been very wary when we get championship sides. But I've taken the chance anyway and will be in 130. Enjoy, everyone going!

Yes i was there and we had Jo up front and Forrest fans singing have you ever won the European Cup.

But to be fair we are a different City now and the first 11 of that year would struggle to get in our second team this year.

Sorry if I miss something here but have anyone heard why Milner and Richards was out for last game against West Ham? Some Injury or Illnes or just rested?

Hart
Zabaleta(Richards) Kompany Demi Kolarov
Milner Garcia Yaya Silva
Aguero Dzeko

I dont think Pelegrini will rest too many players, he will go with a strong team. I expect Jovetic and possibly Lopes on in second half (if city are in the lead) and yaya to come off 30 before the end to get some rest. Kill the match off in the first half and take it easy in the second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.