City vs Wigan Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than a tiny bit of tinkering (e.g., perhaps blood Savic in place of Lescott?), I want us to keep the same side that beat Spurs. I know I'm tempting fate, but I really don't think heavy rotation is needed right now and I would like to see the Silva-Nasri-Aguero-Dzeko partnerships build up. I mean, what's going to happen when these 4 gel??

Going full strength has the added advantage of potentially putting a lot of goals on Wigan, keeping the pressure up on the rags and throwing down another marker.

Aguero (and Zaba) are all the way in India/Bangladesh for friendly's, I think Mancini will rest them, either completely or on the bench, because Kun will start 3 days after this match vs Napoli.

Think the team that played Spurs will be basically the one that plays Napoli, so I think Mario, Tevez, AJ all start vs Wigan.

Realistically, I could see

Wigan: Hart, Richards, Kompany, Savic, Clichy, Yaya, Milner, NDJ, AJ, Tevez, Balotelli

Napoli: Hart, Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Kolarov, Yaya, Barry, Aguero, Nasri, Silva, Dzeko

if the likes of AJ and Milner don't start vs Wigan they'll never play.

Against Napoli I expect the same team that played against Spurs.

On that basis vs Wigan:

Hart
Richards
Kompany
Lescott
Kolarov
Nige
Milner
Yaya
AJ
Tevez
Mario

Dzeko is playing @Belarus tomorrow and vs. Belarus on Tuesday.

I have reservations about him starting vs. Wigan with Napoli coming up.

I see Aguero/Tevez duo vs. Wigan up front...and it aint a bad one :-)

....................Hart......................
Richards.......Savic............Kompany..........Kolarov
...............Toure...... Barry.............
Johnson..............Tevez.......................Nasri
.................................Dzeko..................

Subs- Pantilimon, Zabaleta, Lescott, de Jong, Milner, Balotelli, Silva

Andouble said:
fingers crossed we get through international break in one piece before predicting teams.

And lets not turn into Rags predicting that we're going to win 5 or 6-0 every week.
Yeah, hopefully no injuries are picked up...

Team to face Wigan
Hart, Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Kolarov, Milner, Barry, Silva, Aj, Balo, Tevez.

Team to face Napoli
Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy, Yaya Toure, De Jong, Silva, Agüero, Nasri, Dzeko.

I think Zaba and Agüero will not start vs Wigan because of their long journey to India.

i think u people are forgetting we are becoming a treat in the Epl and teams are watching every move we make now,so we need to stabilize the team and keep our chemistry going then we can boldly say we are there for sure.

I want front four of Tevez, Aguero,Silva & Nasri, I don`t care who will play behind them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.