City will not be furloughing staff

just read an article in the mail, where an alleged senior Liverpool executive was said to have claimed it is easy for City with an owner worth billions. I know its the mail, so probably dubious, but it shows the lengths some quarters will go to find fault whatever the club does.
p

Why let the facts spoil a good story, eh ?
Instead of correcting it and saying "actually, City is run as a business and the Senior Executives have taken a pay cut in order to pay the non playing staff".
That would be way too much to ask though.

BREAKING: Manchester City are in advanced talks with their players about wage deferrals

There is an expectation that the sheer wealth of Manchester City's owners will enable the Premier League champions to emerge from the COVID-19 crisis without it having an impact on staff

@TimesSport

How do they work that out,shirley unless our owner can put money in we are not at an advantage

Manchester City have received a positive response from many of their players, who are open to assisting. Talks over gaining assistance from players have been ongoing for a number of days with officials hopeful of an agreement - although caution has been urged

Although the Manchester City squad were open to the suggestion of a wage deferral, the players have asked for assurances that should they assist, the club would NOT spend vast sums of money on a player in the summer

@MailSport

City have got this so wrong. Deciding not to furlough non playing staff... clearly the right course of action is to furlough all non playing staff, cause them undue stress and anxiety and then when your decision is criticised you show your class and do a u turn and get lauded as the best owners in the land. Obviously we should start by saying we are not allowing players to take pay cuts before reversing the decision later next week - then Dan Roan et al will sing our praises and tell the world how classy our owners are because they change their mind... then again..

Walker has let the club and himself down monumentally this week. Would be happy to see him kicked out on his arse. With all that’s going on; his behaviour just amplifies the spoilt brat world that some football players have been allowed to create. I know it’s not all players but I find myself questioning why I have been contributing to the Premier League circus for so long... it’s immoral and I clearly need to find better things to waste my money on. Post this pandemic a lot will change.

Your right, it is just two if you count Grealish also.

The bloke has made a mistake but one that other people with no fame will also make, they have to live with it, he has apologised and will go down as a player who did what he did.

However I do believe some of the reaction is over the top. This is new to us all, unprecedented times.

Manchester City have donated 1,000 Easter Eggs to young carers across Manchester. 700 bottles of hand gel have also been donated by the club to those families who need it most. [
@MikeMinay
]
City in youth obesity scandal!

Your right, it is just two if you count Grealish also.

The bloke has made a mistake but one that other people with no fame will also make, they have to live with it, he has apologised and will go down as a player who did what he did.

However I do believe some of the reaction is over the top. This is new to us all, unprecedented times.
I dread to think what might happen in Manchester on a warm bank holiday after hearing the Chief Constanle speak of the general public partying last week with bouncy castles, ice cŕeam stalls and dj's getting them up dancing.

I dread to think what might happen in Manchester on a warm bank holiday after hearing the Chief Constanle speak of the general public partying last week with bouncy castles, ice cŕeam stalls and dj's getting them up dancing.

You have just taken me back to the day Fergie retired. ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.