City Woman

Ducado said:
nowantads said:
If the club wants to attract new female fans they'd have more luck with the viral gangnam style video!

Really, our players aren't bad looking - I know many fangirls of edin, joe, silva, navas. If you really want to get more female fans just make more photoshoot/cute vids and put it on twitter/fb. Maybe some girls will only watch for the players (and nothings wrong with that!), but i'm pretty sure the more they watch the game the more they will fall in love with the club.

You don't have much faith in the intelligence of women do you?

Like i said, if they want to attract -new- female fans. Since the target of citywoman seems to be not the women who are into football in the first place anyway. How do you attract new fans intellectually into a football match?

Also please don't assume all girls who watch football for the players aren't intelligent - so what if they want to watch the players, seriously. Leave them be. Why should women be ashamed of it. It's 2014, women think about men, big deal.

I wouldn't mind if there was some good content and it linked to football in some way. The article on women and tattoos just annoyed me, it just contains some very outdated views, and it's just so negative.

I go on the city website to read things about our club, not what meal I should learn to cook. I just think they could have linked it with the women's team better and actually tie it in to football.

images

dazdon said:
Maybe we should have a ladies section on BM where they can discuss baking and pleasing their men whilst we retire, smoke cigars, and patronise them even more?

352436_1.jpg

I think City have made a major error of judgement here. Firstly, starting a womens section of the website IS sexist, no question. There would be an outcry if there was a mens section. Also, some of the content is questionable to say the least- bloody recipes?!-christ who thought that one up?

Continue the website for everyone- just have news covering other teams we have. Surely our female fans deserve more respect than this, we have many very loyal women fans and always have.

Just No. I'm so outraged by this. First off just because I'm a woman doesn't mean that I want recipes or fitness tips or opinions on tattoos. If by chance I did want any of those things the OS is the last place I would look for them. What I want from the OS is news about the club, that is it. I feel like this is not only degrading toward all female footy supports but also toward the club. If they want to talk about fitness and different workout things target it to all supporters, being physically active is important for all people. Eating healthy is important for all people. Health and fitness could probably be put together with citc as a new outreach to ALL people. This is probably the worst thing I have seen from a team to try and appeal to females it normally involves pink and sparkles, but this is just terrible. I am here for the football, none of this other BS.

WhenProgrammesWereAShilling said:
I think City have made a major error of judgement here. Firstly, starting a womens section of the website IS sexist, no question. There would be an outcry if there was a mens section. Also, some of the content is questionable to say the least- bloody recipes?!-christ who thought that one up?

Continue the website for everyone- just have news covering other teams we have. Surely our female fans deserve more respect than this, we have many very loyal women fans and always have.

Having a separate section for a women is no more sexist than having women's and men's magazines

Having watched football, played football, taught football (to boys and girls), refereed football, for nearly 60 years, I do find it patronising but I can't get wound up about it.

I've been through the 'bad' years where watching football opened you up to being touched up, where there were no toilets for women etc., etc., and now I am just enjoying the football in a more welcoming atmosphere and so I shall applaud the club's efforts whilst ignoring the pages. Let's face it we don't have to read it/act on it. The pages will be there for those who want to read them and for those of us who don't then we can come here to Bluemoon to get a balanced view of how our players are playing, which players are our legends and who we should really be signing! ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.