City's best ever goal mouth scramble.... 29 years ago today!

Was in the crowd behind the goal that day and enjoyed the celebration. Lots of fun outside with a builders brick filled-skip!

'Oh the hardest thing in Blackpool is your rock'!

Everyone was going bananas. Really funny video that, City fans in their pomp.

I ended up paying £12 to a tout for a ticket in the City end, I think face value was £4. I was starting to regret it until that mad scramble and the crazy celebration, brilliant memories.

Those were the days......mayhem on the way,before,during,after & on the way back !!

Lancs police said all the cells in Blackpool were full by noon & they were taking fans to Fleetwood & Preston.

I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Blackpool. First away shirt I ever saw at Maine Road. We beat 'em 2-0 - Revie scored! Don't know whether Stanley was playing for Blackpool. It went off the boil a bit when Charlie Adam showed up!

Last edited by a moderator:
29 years, is it seriously?

I got old.

I was 12 and my dad took me. Always remember a steward ordering my dad to put his cigarette out because they said the stand was built of wood.

They brought fair few back to our place for the replay, too?

Remember them filling all of the Platt Lane.

We played them a few times in the 80s, twice at least. I've a feeling this one was the second or even third time. The first was the wildest. The Daily Mirror had a series of photos from that day (I'd guess around 83) showing City fans running wild, including climbing walls and invading the pitch. I put them on here once, years ago, but I think they've vanished now. Will have a look.

Away at Blackpool, FA Cup 4th round, losing 1-0 with seconds left....
I was right behind the goal at the bottom and was jumped on by a large mob for ages!
Fuckin' freezing that day too, the wind ripped your face off!

It was one of the maddest celebrations I've ever been involved in. I was tucked round the side of the corner flag next to a crappy old stand with a side panel of battered perspex and chicken mesh, looking right across the goal-line at the bank of Blues behind the goal. Other than Dickov at Wembley I don't think I've ever witnessed such carnage. Happy happy days!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.