13 13 Juventus 247 180 AAA AAA-
14 9 AC Milan 236 263 AAA- AAA-
15 15 Inter Milan 152 151 AA+ AA+
16 14 Ajax 149 162 AA+ AA
17 17 Galatasaray 141 116 AA+ A+
18 16 Hamburg SV 138 144 AA AA
19 37 Atlético de Madrid 126 67 AAA- AA-
20 33 Everton 121 78 AA+ AA-

The balance of power at the top of the English game is shifting decisively to the blue side of Manchester. City has won the title for the second time in three years and won two trophies just this season. On pitch success is rapidly building the value of the brand; following 53% growth, City’s brand value now stands at over half a billion dollars. Provided it can navigate further significant sanctions for breaches of financial fair play regulations and manage with a restricted squad in Europe, City’s brand could soon be a far more enticing prospect than United’s for sponsors and fickle international fans. Indeed City’s owners are already expanding the brand internationally. In a partnership with the New York Yankees, the New York City MLS franchise was launched last year, incorporating both the ‘city’ name and the same, light blue livery. Melbourne Heart was purchased in January this year with a similar expansion in mind.

Re: City's brand unaffected by FFP 8th to 5th

Lots of numbers and letters, nice to see we're above lots of other clubs, but what does it actually mean ?

(I'm not being difficult, but "brand" is a very broad church, and I did click the link but it didn't help much.)

Cobwebcat said:
http://brandirectory.com/league_tables/table/top-50-football-club-brands-2014

In fact we have gone up another three places

1 1 Bayern Munich 896 860 AAA AAA
2 3 Real Madrid 768 621 AAA+ AAA+
3 2 Manchester United 739 837 AAA AAA+
4 4 FC Barcelona 622 572 AAA+ AAA
5 8 Manchester City 510 332 AAA- AA-
6 6 Arsenal 505 410 AAA- AA+
7 5 Chelsea 502 418 AAA- AA
8 7 Liverpool 469 361 AAA- AA
9 10 Borussia Dortmund 327 260 AAA- AA
10 24 Paris Saint-Germain FC 324 85 AAA- A+
11 11 Schalke 04 313 259 AA+ AA-
12 12 Tottenham 248 219 AA+ AA
13 13 Juventus 247 180 AAA AAA-
14 9 AC Milan 236 263 AAA- AAA-
15 15 Inter Milan 152 151 AA+ AA+
16 14 Ajax 149 162 AA+ AA
17 17 Galatasaray 141 116 AA+ A+
18 16 Hamburg SV 138 144 AA AA
19 37 Atlético de Madrid 126 67 AAA- AA-
20 33 Everton 121 78 AA+ AA-

The balance of power at the top of the English game is shifting decisively to the blue side of Manchester. City has won the title for the second time in three years and won two trophies just this season. On pitch success is rapidly building the value of the brand; following 53% growth, City’s brand value now stands at over half a billion dollars. Provided it can navigate further significant sanctions for breaches of financial fair play regulations and manage with a restricted squad in Europe, City’s brand could soon be a far more enticing prospect than United’s for sponsors and fickle international fans. Indeed City’s owners are already expanding the brand internationally. In a partnership with the New York Yankees, the New York City MLS franchise was launched last year, incorporating both the ‘city’ name and the same, light blue livery. Melbourne Heart was purchased in January this year with a similar expansion in mind.
Fantastic news !! Stick this in your pipe Platini
And the rags can see we are officially, now a massive club!!! read it and weep !! cannot wait for us to overtake them, maybe even next season !! Come on City
Now that would be a fucking right laugh

cleavers said:
Lots of numbers and letters, nice to see we're above lots of other clubs, but what does it actually mean ?

(I'm not being difficult, but "brand" is a very broad church, and I did click the link but it didn't help much.)

Means nothing. Well, kind of shows we've done a lot of things correctly, on and off the field, but I don't think anyone at the club gives a sh*t. They have their own ways to measure our commercial success/brand awareness/whatever.

I just want the Premier League table to look just like it is now. :-)

Re: City's brand unaffected by FFP up from 8th to 5th

Could this be used to renegotiate our £12m a year kit deal with Nike? United are soon to sign a £60m-ish a year kit deal and that will be the new standard.

Cobwebcat said:
cleavers said:

Full report out soon but to answer your question here is last years

http://www.brandfinance.com/images/upload/brandfinance_football_50_2013_new_opt.pdf
Thanks (I think). Just as well we're Champions (and LC winners), I understand that so much better than "brand".

Re: City's brand unaffected by FFP up from 8th to 5th

LoveCity said:
Could this be used to renegotiate our £12m a year kit deal with Nike? United are soon to sign a £60m-ish a year kit deal and that will be the new standard.

Reports like this can only help us and this one is particularly significant as the brand is all important these days.

Brand Finance Plc is the world’s leading brand valuation consultancy. We advise strongly branded organisations on how to maximise their value through the effective management of their brands and intangible assets. Founded in 1996, Brand Finance has performed thousands of branded business, brand and intangible asset valuations worth trillions of dollars.

HOW THE BRAND VALUE IS CALCULATED

Brand value is essentially the cost that a third party would have to pay to license the use of a brand. Brand strength analysis benchmarks strength, risk, longevity and future potential of the brand relative to competitors. This takes into account financial metrics such as revenue mix and growth, football specific marketing metrics such as honours, squad value, club heritage, Kickdex data, UEFA coefficient ranking and average attendance amongst others.

Re: City's brand unaffected by FFP up from 8th to 5th in Wor

Only slaves and cattle get branded, it aint the most pc term to use these days.

Who are City's owners? I didn't know it was more than one person.

Re: City's brand unaffected by FFP up from 8th to 5th in Wor

We all know what this means.

This means dodgy decisions in our favour in next seasons Champions League games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.