City's brand unaffected by FFP up from 8th to 5th in World

Re: City's brand unaffected by FFP up from 8th to 5th in Wor

aguero93:20 said:
Thaksinssoldier said:
Nonsense.of course we can re-negotiate with nike.

We're not allowed to raise 2 specific sponsorship agreements,likely etihad and aabar.
Etihad are first tier I would have thought? Think it's Eti Salat or Abu Dhabi tourism we can't raise instead.

I'd say you are right,but nike certainly won't be one of those.

Thaksinssoldier said:
aguero93:20 said:
Thaksinssoldier said:
Nonsense.of course we can re-negotiate with nike.

We're not allowed to raise 2 specific sponsorship agreements,likely etihad and aabar.
Etihad are first tier I would have thought? Think it's Eti Salat or Abu Dhabi tourism we can't raise instead.

I'd say you are right,but nike certainly won't be one of those.
Definitely, Nike, Etihad and BT would all be first tier, main sponsors.

eversince 76 said:
Like the people in charge continue to say: We'll quietly keep working on making City better and bigger. Sometimes we get a punch and we'll take it.

Wow, gone from a pinch to a punch in a few days. FFP is really hitting us hard ;)

This is one reason why I always have a "don't give a shit" attitude when it comes to the media when factions of it display themselves as anti-City. This, with the ever growing sponsorship deals and growing fanbase, shows that it doesn't matter what the media says because it doesn't stop people wanting a piece of us.

We will grow and expand whether some knob from The Sun or talkSPORT likes us or not.

So take what the gutter media says about us with a pinch of salt and realise it doesn't matter! Believe it or not, people can think for themselves and can see through bullshit in the media.

Re: City's brand unaffected by FFP 8th to 5th

Dunne's own goal said:
cleavers said:
Lots of numbers and letters, nice to see we're above lots of other clubs, but what does it actually mean ?

(I'm not being difficult, but "brand" is a very broad church, and I did click the link but it didn't help much.)

Means nothing. Well, kind of shows we've done a lot of things correctly, on and off the field, but I don't think anyone at the club gives a sh*t. They have their own ways to measure our commercial success/brand awareness/whatever.

I just want the Premier League table to look just like it is now. :-)

Whilst no doubt the club have their own ways to measure commercial success etc I'm sure the club DO give a shit about stuff like this. Whilst not a measure of brand directly, Soriano (in that presentation video) was certainly very proud to show how overall revenues were catching up Real/Barcelona/Bayern and Rags. Also, I'm sure the results in the table do the club no harm when they are promoting sponsorship deals etc

Re: City's brand unaffected by FFP up from 8th to 5th

Cobwebcat said:
LoveCity said:
Could this be used to renegotiate our £12m a year kit deal with Nike? United are soon to sign a £60m-ish a year kit deal and that will be the new standard.

Reports like this can only help us and this one is particularly significant as the brand is all important these days.

Brand Finance Plc is the world’s leading brand valuation consultancy. We advise strongly branded organisations on how to maximise their value through the effective management of their brands and intangible assets. Founded in 1996, Brand Finance has performed thousands of branded business, brand and intangible asset valuations worth trillions of dollars.

HOW THE BRAND VALUE IS CALCULATED

Brand value is essentially the cost that a third party would have to pay to license the use of a brand. Brand strength analysis benchmarks strength, risk, longevity and future potential of the brand relative to competitors. This takes into account financial metrics such as revenue mix and growth, football specific marketing metrics such as honours, squad value, club heritage, Kickdex data, UEFA coefficient ranking and average attendance amongst others.

Interesting. Imagine the "future potential of the brand relative to competitors" is a big factor here.

When the "big four" shook hands with Murdoch and turned it all into a multi million pound business they all thought it would all be for themselves. We were a million miles away and no threat to anyone, however, things have changed and the power balance is now a great concern to them all, hence fast-tracking FFP into place. No doubt they try all sorts to stop us but the Blue Moon continues to rise at an alarming rate!

BelleVue53 said:
When the "big four" shook hands with Murdoch and turned it all into a multi million pound business they all thought it would all be for themselves. We were a million miles away and no threat to anyone, however, things have changed and the power balance is now a great concern to them all, hence fast-tracking FFP into place. No doubt they try all sorts to stop us but the Blue Moon continues to rise at an alarming rate!
Another way of looking at it is to look at the current TV deal which sees relegated clubs receiving the same amount as Utd did as Champions.......that deal was done on the back of Agueroooooo! which was a great footballing moment.

MCFC have enhanced the game in England and other clubs are benefiting as a result

I know we weren't in the 'club' but to be fair didn't we finish 5th then?

I'm happy but not surprised
Platini and all these status quo fukers and these journos don't know what his highness is capable of,there is an amazing plan behind this,the academy,facilities ,franchise clubs and its to biggest club in Europe,and if sucess on field maintains ,I won't be surprised if were in the top 3 by khaldoon 2020 interview
Its not all abt having money its how u use it,others had money to but they never thought on this level

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.