City's Global Fanbase

Ok. I didn't know that. I did know Edin is a huge figure because during his time here many Bosnians populated the site from time to time.

A year or so ago we had a thread re: the former Yugoslavia and how they'd be one of the best teams in the world had the country never split.

And don't hold it against me but as a teen/young man I was convinced I had to marry Monica Seles, a Serb. :-)

hehe, she's more Hungarian than Serb though so it's ok :D

I'm from Bangladesh and I started supporting City because there was basically nothing about us in the media (there still isn't sadly) and we didn't seem like a dynasty like Barca or Real. We could actually lose. And every City game is still unpredictable. Plus my brother is an Arsenal fan who for some reason had a thing against city since before the takeover. So it was only natural for me to be a Blue.

Another thing, it looks like our YouTube channel is trying their best to attract more people towards God's own club. But why use these three?

I used to love this channel. But why is the Martinez twins and Chance whatever of all people using our channel to upload a daily vlog?

Last edited:
Not very scientific but been in Orlando last ten days and not seen huge numbers of football shirts but similar numbers of City and Utd.

Group of kids, not English, round pool yesterday wearing a worldwide range of replica shirts, none Rag but one latest City home shirt. Also soccer shop at Disney Springs selling both our home and away shirts.

I'm in Orlando too. We have been here 10 days.

Based on what I have witnessed, United shirts are most popular but only marginally more than City shirts. Spotted three Blues in Hollywood Studios yesterday. One of them proudly wearing a retro No8 shirt in the queue for Ariel's show :)

I'm in Orlando too. We have been here 10 days.

Based on what I have witnessed, United shirts are most popular but only marginally more than City shirts. Spotted three Blues in Hollywood Studios yesterday. One of them proudly wearing a retro No8 shirt in the queue for Ariel's show :)

Me too! Seen equal numbers of City and scum tops while here and there was the obligatory family of full kit red scourers on the flight over...
But the highlight for me was chatting to a young Brasilian boy on a bus yesterday about Jesus (ours, not the son of God obvs...) and realising that this is the start of genuine global support. He was amazed and delighted to meet people from Manchester and asked lots of questions about the team and the ground. I told him to stay away from the lager naturally ;-)
Next City top I saw was on a bloke from Stockport in the queue for Tower of Terror. Either of you???

The way we played in those last two friendlies won't've done us any harm. Those rag Mormon fellas must be Quakering in their boots

On holiday in Williamsburg, Virgina USA. Today wore my 09/10 3rd kit shirt (such a beauty) a young man working at a restaurant said "Oh you're a Man City fan." And that was it. I just assumed he was a an 18 year old rag. Going to Busch Gardens tomorrow and Colonial Williamsburg the day after. I'll be interested to see if I run across an City fans

Btw I can confirm there were no City fans at Williamsburg winery. Some very lovely wine though.

Me too! Seen equal numbers of City and scum tops while here and there was the obligatory family of full kit red scourers on the flight over...
But the highlight for me was chatting to a young Brasilian boy on a bus yesterday about Jesus (ours, not the son of God obvs...) and realising that this is the start of genuine global support. He was amazed and delighted to meet people from Manchester and asked lots of questions about the team and the ground. I told him to stay away from the lager naturally ;-)
Next City top I saw was on a bloke from Stockport in the queue for Tower of Terror. Either of you???

Wasn't me. I don't wear merchandise in public as I consider myself too old (43). Football shirts are for wearing around the house.

No chance of seeing us near any thrill rides as the missus and my little girl regard the Kali River Rapids as scary.

I'm 29 years old, and when I was growing up in the states nobody watched "soccer". I got into it when I spent a year in Singapore. I was working a job in oil and gas, and there was tons of Brits there. They would go out to bars at odd hours and watch prem games. I owe my City fandom to a couple of Mancs in that group. The year was 2007.

By the the time I got back to the States in 2011 the sport was taking off and obviously so was City. I can watch literally every game here on basic cable TV.

Arsenal is the number 1 team in the US, I'm not sure why. I think maybe because they were the foil to the Man United dynasty when things were taking off. United is second, followed by Liverpool. Us and Chelsea are the next most popular. Everton has a decent following on account of Howard and Donovan.

If Spurs lend out there new stadium to a permanent NFL team I could see them getting into the US market. Some prem team is going to get Pulisic and that will be a cash cow. I think he'll end up being more on the Spurs/Liverpool/everton level than ours though.

I was in Verona yesterday.
Me and my lad went to check out a decent looking football shop and delighted to confirm both new kits pride of place as you walk in the store whilst the sky 4 were tucked away at the back of the basement.
On our way to Venice later on in the day to be greeted by a young italian boy complete with last seasons top.

The word is spreading.

I was in Verona yesterday.
Me and my lad went to check out a decent looking football shop and delighted to confirm both new kits pride of place as you walk in the store whilst the sky 4 were tucked away at the back of the basement.
On our way to Venice later on in the day to be greeted by a young italian boy complete with last seasons top.

The word is spreading.

I should'nt.....but I chuckled.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.