City's going down with a billion in the bank...

Cant sing songs as a laugh

cant sing abusive songs

are we allowed to cheer if we score?

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
jjeangi said:
We can't even take the piss out of ourselves anymore? Seriously, what is the world coming to?

Exactly. Apparently you can't chant anything without it making sense anymore. Either that or people can't grasp sarcasm and irony.

I can grasp sarcasm and irony, but when 15 people inside a stadium are singing it, and the rest are just looking on thinking what a bunch of cocks, kind of says to me dont bother singing it.

Surely you guys should be singing songs that other people are willing to join in with instead of trying to stand out from the rest. I was 2-3 rows behind the group singing it inside the stadium, and City fans behind me i could quite clearly hear them call you lot cunts, wankers, pricks etc.

So congrats for turning our atmosphere shitter than it already was.

For me it is about being a City supporter, my history as a fan has been like that, were going up, were going down, felt like a lot of seasons through the 80's and 90's.

Then the chorus is like a so what if City did go down, I would still be a supporter, and it would be as it always has:

Typical City!

I enjoyed singing it, and would again even at the Champions League final, as it is and always be our history.

Not a song to be sung whilst watching the match to be honest.

The 'going up, going down' has been around for years, to back up what Robbo said, but not the 'billion in the bank' - they used to sing other stuff at that point, Russian submarine for example.

I hate it when United sing 'Who the fuck are Man United?' when they've just done the unthinkable - i.e. around 60 mins on Sunday. Because it's a song people sing to them and they've turned it on it's head.

"This is how it feels to be City" should be sang a lot more, with this in mind. However too many people will have the following attitude:

"That's a United song!"

"Why are we taking the piss out of ourselves?"

"I thought we were better than that?"

"It's just not funny."

"I don't know the words, and who were the Inspiral Carpets?"

"Can we only sing Blue Moon, please?"

"Can I suggest a load of songs on a forum, but I'm scared as a mouse to try and sing it in the ground?"

etc.

foley87 said:
the song police out in full force i see

tell you what, make something up thats funny and cathches on, then come back and well help you get that one going too

morons

Or just adopt whatever United fans sing at you and sing it back at them ??

I don't particularly care about the billion in the bank song. Basically by singing it we're bragging that we're not relegation fodder anymore. Not much to brag about really is it? Hardly rubbing their faces in is it?

I think it's too early for 'this is how it feels to be City'. Not sure when the exact moment will be when it feels right (maybe if we're about to win the league at some point, if/when that happens, or if/when we start putting more cups away at some point), but it's too early to do it yet after only winning one trophy.

I also think that snide nobody knows our name song should make an appearance should we find ourselves beating a big european club in the champions league at some point. Again, probably best to wait til we win a few more trophies or if we ever find ourselves having progressed further in the chanmps league than the rags. Singing these songs prematurely would just make us look daft, though I expect people might be so keen to sing them that they'll just do exactly that (I hope you're reading this liam ;-)). When the time is right rub their fucking faces right in it, but it isn't yet

Obsessed with the rags? Fuck off. It's what it's all about

I bet the majority of our home crowd don't understand the relevance of "We're not really here", but they sing it anyway. Why is there such a fuss about one which is easier to understand?

The song started when Hughes first came in and we were in the relegation zone at Christmas. They started singing it to us and we sang it taking the piss out of their song

117 M34 said:
The song started when Hughes first came in and we were in the relegation zone at Christmas. They started singing it to us and we sang it taking the piss out of their song

Still a shit song, but you 10 year olds were having a good time, must have been on the diamond white too.

I loved the Edin Dzeko chant at half time at the CS. Just went on and on and on. Was brilliant! :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.