City's Iron Curtain

BillyShears said:
TGR said:
Billy - I genuinely do agree with what you say in your OP. But to achieve this we have to be consistent.
Without dragging up the old Mancini arguments again (which none of us want to do) you can't have certain sections of the the club
briefing against a former manager (either implicitly or explicitly) when it suits. We either do keep our own counsel on all matters
or we don't. I do feel we could have a more positive influence over our media coverage if we did take a firmer stance with a very small
number of 'journalists' but that is only my subjective opinion.
I do like the current situation where the football does the talking and we are no longer like Billy Smart's circus (until yesterday!)
But as difficult as it maybe at times consistency is vital ingredient if we really are to have an 'Iron Curtain'

Mancini was never briefed against during his tenure at City so our stance has been and continues to be entirely consistent. In actual fact what pissed Mancini off was that the club were steadfast in their silence when all the rumours were swirling around about him potentially being sacked. Even in the lead up to the FA Cup when there was a host of speculation that we were going to appoint Pellegrini and that Mancini was to be sacked, the club made no comment.

The club went on the attack against Mancini after his performance in the press conference after the FA Cup. He knew he was going to be sacked, he knew there was a pay off coming, and yet he had that bizarre rant about Vicky Kloss and the club not protecting him enough. Kinda like Yaya's claims that the club don't respect him, and very very similar to the Yaya situation on the whole. Everything can be handled in house. Yaya and Mancini both chose/have chosen to do their talking via the media. That won't be a quality the powers that be at City find endearing.

I really do hope you are right. All of this is just so unnecessary and uncalled for.
Really sad after how we ended the season tbh.

TGR said:
I really do hope you are right. All of this is just so unnecessary and uncalled for.
Really sad after how we ended the season tbh.

We need rid of divisive characters and if Yaya's going to act that way he'll be gotten rid of. Like I said earlier the club got rid of Balo, Mancini, and Tevez because of attitude issues, they'll do the same with him no worries. It's the right thing to do and as supporters I think we should be relaxed. We've got the right people to take the difficult decisions.

I was really fucked off yesterday morning but honestly with a little time and a little perspective I find the whole Toure thing funny. As others have said, if he goes we'll sign a top class replacement, and if he stays we'll be keeping a top class player.

Plain Speaking said:
Our public image needs to be managed and controlled in a better way. The negative stories are damaging and embarassing to the club and owners. There should be better communication with players to address any grievances in-house. Since we won the title there have been a series of negative stories that could have been avoided or handled better.
we cant ,make people like us,i couldent give a shit anyway ,keep the negativity coming,we will keep the silver coming,and the partys (manchester was bouncing after west ham,)the club has done nothing wrong,zero ,narda.its the parasite of a agent,and his client ,who are a embarrassment,the media love it ,what other organisation would give such a worm a platform to spout his greedy shit,make no mistake we are up against a monster,a big f***ing green eyed one, it will not derail this club one iota,the players,the partners ,the fans,and the silver will just keep coming,i would,nt have it any other way

ped said:
Plain Speaking said:
Our public image needs to be managed and controlled in a better way. The negative stories are damaging and embarassing to the club and owners. There should be better communication with players to address any grievances in-house. Since we won the title there have been a series of negative stories that could have been avoided or handled better.
we cant ,make people like us,i couldent give a shit anyway ,keep the negativity coming,we will keep the silver coming,and the partys (manchester was bouncing after west ham,)the club has done nothing wrong,zero ,narda.its the parasite of a agent,and his client ,who are a embarrassment,the media love it ,what other organisation would give such a worm a platform to spout his greedy shit,make no mistake we are up against a monster,a big f***ing green eyed one, it will not derail this club one iota,the players,the partners ,the fans,and the silver will just keep coming,i would,nt have it any other way

The club can´t control the agents, and the journalist can create stories without any source, and that is also out of the reach of the club. I think the holistic mojo in the Public Relations Department is " Don´t feed the Trolls"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.