City's New Initiative

This is clearly part of our 'istree, if we can ever be allowed to have one, and those fans who went to Maine Road in the fifties were treated to a rendition of all sorts of musicality from the Beswick Prize Brass Band!
My Dad played in one of the brass bands that performed at Maine Road in the 1950s. He said that they sat on a bench at the edge of the pitch until they were needed at half time.
He probably got paid more than the City players got at that particular time.

'Having worked closely with Manchester City Council, the improved designated walking route from the city centre to the Etihad will relaunch with a special sustainable walk to the match before the Everton game.

Join us at the meeting point at 4.15pm on Pollard Street opposite the Ibis hotel, with the walk beginning at 4:25pm. Mr Wilson’s Second Liner’s Brass band will lead the way as will our two matchday presenters. There will be an opportunity to hold one of our walk to the match flags or blue LED lanterns and you will be able to get your game face on with one of our face painters who will also be present.
Just sort the bleeding Gods awful Metrolink out.

We do something similar for Northern Ireland games and it’s actually quite good.

it’s organised by fans via a few FB pages but it’s drums flares and singing. The road gets hijacked and we march to the ground.

If we lose the cheese with the club it could be good. Don’t see it much elsewhere in the UK except Celtic.

It's a pity weren't not playing West Brom. I loved that rousing rendition of I do like to be beside the seaside where the brass bands play......

Why not do what the egg chasers do at Twickers?
Picnics on the tailgate of a Range Rover,complete with Champagne,canapes and prawn sandwiches.
Do pass the caviar Rupert please!!!
Count me in.

I realise it's a one off to publicise it but I despair at the people at our club who seem to think this is what the fans want
Face painting
Blue Led lanterns
Brass bands

It's a no from me let's just go back to being a football club and forget all this pre fabricated crap

'

Having worked closely with Manchester City Council, the improved designated walking route from the city centre to the Etihad will relaunch with a special sustainable walk to the match before the Everton game.

Join us at the meeting point at 4.15pm on Pollard Street opposite the Ibis hotel, with the walk beginning at 4:25pm. Mr Wilson’s Second Liner’s Brass band will lead the way as will our two matchday presenters. There will be an opportunity to hold one of our walk to the match flags or blue LED lanterns and you will be able to get your game face on with one of our face painters who will also be present.

bah humbug. Seriously, it’s important to appeal to all folk

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.