City's New Kits - 2019/20

D7qLSB6WsAA22Fi.jpg
someone I know is at this shoot today. strictly no photos but has just text me to say one of the away shirts is black with etihad logo in yellow, puma logo in salmon pink and has yellow chevrons on one shoulder- hacienda style.

Gorton was St Marks, they were the same team. We became Ardwick Fc after Gorton then subsequently Manchester City. Ardwick played in Navy Blue nd Sky Blue halved shirts
St Mark’s FC became Gorton AFC.

“In winter 1880 the cricketers decided to form St Mark’s football club. Some of the players from this football team were instrumental in forming Gorton AFC in October 1884. The Chairman of Gorton AFC was James Moores, a sidesman at St Mark’s Church”
http://www.manchesterorange.co.uk/History/st-marks-church-manchester-city-orange-order

It went:
St Mark’s FC 1880
Gorton AFC 1884
Ardwick AFC 1887
Then that club ceased to exist in 1894.

On 16th April 1894 Manchester City FC became a new club that didn’t have any forerunners (even though members of St Marks FC, Gorton AFC and Ardwick AFC were involved), Ardwick AFC did not become Manchester City FC.

The kits went:
St Marks FC- unknown, possibly scarlet and black
Gorton AFC- black with white cross pattee
Ardwick AFC- navy and sky halves, then white and sky halves

Last edited by a moderator:
someone I know is at this shoot today. strictly no photos but has just text me to say one of the away shirts is black with etihad logo in yellow, puma logo in salmon pink and has yellow chevrons on one shoulder- hacienda style.
Any idea on the third?

Sounds lovely ffs

Sounds bad
Any idea on the third?
I've just messaged to ask. On footyheadlines website in May they showed a swatch/spoiler of the black colour way- which is what my friend has confirmed- and she's just text more details saying one of the sleeves has a salmon pink edge/hem and the other one is sky blue. sounds like a fight in a paint factory.

No sign of a third shirt yes- but on footyheadlines the other puma spoiler showed a yellow swatch with pink/peach trim- so I'm guessing that's accurate too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.