City's New Kits - 2019/20

I think the problem I have is that the shade of purple doesn't appear to contrast well enough against the blue – a darker shade would have looked better... or better still, just stick to white or navy blue!

At first I detested the purple, then I liked it, and now having read everyone elses responses, I'm not too fussed. The concept of concept shirts, the way we have voted governments and a probable European election and so on, has made me cold to choice by fans - and people. In future, I hope to see those who put their concepts on computers to the designers. I hope that fans get their voice but we'll never all be satisfied.

29.jpg

I always remember the embossed offset word of City on a 90's Umbro kit, making me feel like the designer had one too many Two Dogs Alcoholic Lemonades. Some of our away shirts in the 90s and 00s were abysmal. I just hope that every City short we have stands put from the crowd and shows who we are. I hope that the City Football Group allows each other club to be who they are too.

Plus points for the supposed blue/purple kit:
NO CREST MOUNTED ON A SHIELD.
NOT NIKE.
NOT GLOW IN THE DARK.
NO WEIRD RIBBING, PIPING OR LINES THAT JUST DON'T SEEM TO BELONG THERE
BOLD & STRIKING.
QUITE SIMPLE.
Royal colour. I like Ribena, Cadburys chocolate and
It can also mean " a need to appear unorthodox" - typical City.
Purple in the mindest can represent, "sensitive and compassionate, understanding and supportive, thinking of others before yourself - you are the person others come to for help". I read somewhere that people may take advantage of those who like purple.
Purple is rare in a natural form.
We started the Premier League days with a purple away shirt.
man-city-92-away-cent-close.jpg

Negatives: intermediate colour between red and blue; unusual in City's history. Surely maroon would have fitted better? Represents sexual frustration? Can represent priests too. Queen Elizabeth I didn't like anyone wearing it outside her family.
The 2018/19 away shirt was vile purple with orange. The 2007/08 away shirt saw how many wins? The 1992-94 away shirt wasn't exactly fashionable.

46863565_2135641456765525_972829551648673964_n.jpg
new-york-city-fc-2019-home-kit-2.jpg
yokahama-f-marinos-2019-adidas-kit-7.jpg
camiseta-umbro-girona-fc-tercera-equipacion-2018-2019-blue-0.jpg
Na-03-SEP-Atletico-Torque.jpg

Actually - very interesting you mention Ribena, as I never thought of it before, but maybe it's a nod to Manchester's drink export that is huge in the middle east...

aXUZ45y.jpg

For the anniversary we should go back to the St Marks Gorton kit , that would be fantastic
The anniversary is of Manchester City 1894, and St Marks and Gorton were two different teams.

Gorton AFC is the famous picture with the cross pattee but little is known of what St Marks’ kit was like.

That stuff the club have been selling as “St Marks” is not St Marks.

The anniversary is of Manchester City 1894, and St Marks and Gorton were two different teams.

Gorton AFC is the famous picture with the cross pattee but little is known of what St Marks’ kit was like.

Gorton was St Marks, they were the same team. We became Ardwick Fc after Gorton then subsequently Manchester City. Ardwick played in Navy Blue nd Sky Blue halved shirts

Calling @Gary James ...

For the anniversary we should go back to the St Marks Gorton kit , that would be fantastic

Not sure our owners would be loving doing marketing back home with that big white cross everywhere.

Gorton was St Marks, they were the same team. We became Ardwick Fc after Gorton then subsequently Manchester City. Ardwick played in Navy Blue nd Sky Blue halved shirts

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.