City's pre-season tour in the US

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game in Columbus is just a couple of hours away for me (i.e. right next-door by American standards). Everyone keeps asking me if I’m going. They’re all astounded to hear me say that I’m 50:50. I’ve never been that arsed about pre-season games. I have been in the past to one at Red Bull Stadium in NJ, which was OK, because the NY Red Bulls took it very seriously, made a real game of it and actually beat us. I also went a few years ago to see us play Milan (forget which one) at the Pittsburgh Steelers stadium. It was like a kick about with some mates in the park and then got abandoned halfway through the second half due to a huge storm. It wasn’t, by any standards, a serious game of football.

The game in Columbus is just a couple of hours away for me (i.e. right next-door by American standards). Everyone keeps asking me if I’m going. They’re all astounded to hear me say that I’m 50:50. I’ve never been that arsed about pre-season games. I have been in the past to one at Red Bull Stadium in NJ, which was OK, because the NY Red Bulls took it very seriously, made a real game of it and actually beat us. I also went a few years ago to see us play Milan (forget which one) at the Pittsburgh Steelers stadium. It was like a kick about with some mates in the park and then got abandoned halfway through the second half due to a huge storm.
Living so far away from Blighty mate, I thought you’d jump at the chance to see the Blues, even if it’s just academy kids.

Living so far away from Blighty mate, I thought you’d jump at the chance to see the Blues, even if it’s just academy kids.
You'd think that...... but tickets for the game in Orlando are $111 in the City fans section (I believe they are $55 or $65 up in the gods)
And it will be a lot of academy kids and certainly won't be the England / Spanish players and maybe not Ake either.

Saw our reserves play the dippers in NJ a few years back and found the friendly fan mixing in the parking lot tailgates and inside the stadium vomit inducing, a very weird experience all round

Fair point mate, but I’m a born and bred Manc, so saw plenty of the real City late 70s through to early 2000s before I moved. Still get to the odd game (though usually away) when I’m back over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.