Citys South Korean Fans ... love `em.

It's alright to take the piss of rags in anyway possible.

if we are ashamed of foreign fans it will give other clubs ammunition when the inevitable happens and we get a large global following. It is part of the Global Business Plan, embrace it.
I have respect if someone travels from Seoul and spends the money required to go and watch City.

I totally get that local fans have that intrinsic link with City that us foreign fans will never have, the Manchester link. I'm a foreign fan. I just think people who want to keep City local, display a bit of narrow mindedness as well as a bit of selfishness. You can't have it both ways, you can't have global success and a local fan base.
Last post I've read in this thread upto this point but fuck me lad if you're foreigb fair play to you! English is pretty much better than mine and to be fair from other posts you know what makes a city fan.
You're absolutely right, competing on the pitch at the level we want is going to take that level of growth which most have come to terms with. Still as the club with what the 1st or 2nd 'most loyal' fans according to recent studies, we don't want to be priced out! Although I must confess at least for me (but then I'm a scrub) it's kind of started...

It's alright to take the piss of rags in anyway possible.

if we are ashamed of foreign fans it will give other clubs ammunition when the inevitable happens and we get a large global following. It is part of the Global Business Plan, embrace it.
I have respect if someone travels from Seoul and spends the money required to go and watch City.

I totally get that local fans have that intrinsic link with City that us foreign fans will never have, the Manchester link. I'm a foreign fan. I just think people who want to keep City local, display a bit of narrow mindedness as well as a bit of selfishness. You can't have it both ways, you can't have global success and a local fan base.

why not ?? if we keep prices low the locals can go. if we lose that manchester fan base/ link we mayaswell not be manchester city. how is it selfish to want the people of manchester to see manchester city.

whats the point in having a club in manchester if most/ a large amount of the people going aren't from the city, like united now. if we end up like united or liverpool where all the locals are in the pubs replaced by tourists that would be awful.these fans seem really good and understand city as a club though.

"You can't have sustained success without getting this." - yes you can, most of our match going fan base now is local/ close and we are pretty successful.

Last edited:
Great video. Its nice to see how things are going elsewhere in the City World. The bloody culture is so vast now that I forget just how intense can be outside of Manchester.

One thing I'm hoping for, in the future (and don't call me naive, I know there is only like 1% chance of this happening,) is that Soriano gasses up our commercial B2B revenue streams to such ridiculous proportions that our ticket prices become largely irrelevant to club profits (a direction we are already heading in.) At which point, Khaldoon starts putting in new strategies to fill our ground with loud, hungry Mancs that make our atmosphere amazing.

Just a dream. An an entirely feasible one at that, if you conveniently ignore the capitalist fetish for growth.

why not ?? if we keep prices low the locals can go. if we lose that manchester fan base/ link we mayaswell not be manchester city. how is it selfish to want the people of manchester to see manchester city.

whats the point in having a club in manchester if most/ a large amount of the people going aren't from the city, like united now. if we end up like united or liverpool where all the locals are in the pubs replaced by tourists that would be awful.these fans seem really good and understand city as a club though.

"You can't have sustained success without getting this." - yes you can, most of our match going fan base now is local/ close and we are pretty successful.
Spot on

I'm quite surprised South Korea is a bit late to the party compared to say Thailand, Indonesia, etc. I guess baseball is bigger there? I can honestly say this is exactly what is happening back at my home too. I am a foreign fan as well, granted I live in Manchester, and I run the supporters club back home since 2001 whose members total to 3 people for the whole country but I see a lot more City shirts worn looking at social media updates. We have a coalition with 11 South Asian countries made possible by the very enthusiastic Malaysian SC president, and have since touched base with coalitions in the middle east, Central Asia and the oriental countries. It's great to see that there are increasing fans in Korea and this will only be good for the club.

Initially I thought the video was a bit weird and I found myself frowning at my iPhone but at the end of the video my thoughts were fair enough and I'm glad that we're being embraced by a small portion of young sports fans in a country that we'd never of had any attention in say 8 years ago.

The fact that Manchester which is a pretty small city in the big scheme of things has influenced a small proportion of people in a random country like South Korea is what made me correct my way of thinking originally and personally I think it's nice. Manchester has an identity. Music, fashion & football have seemingly been embraced by some of the small following we have in South Korea and I don't see why that's anything other than a positive thing.

It's not like groups like this are a huge threat to ticket allocations is it?

The conclusion I came to was that it is a little bit weird but a nice weird. The girl who said she supported City because she didn't like Utd was the highlight

Just growing pains. As we go global, we try to hang on to the best bits of when we were shit. Like a lottery winner who still wears his string vest and drinks Fosters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.