City's speed and intensity

I think the kind of pace we require is more to do with how quickly we move the ball. We have pacy players but we tend to hold the ball up far too often.

If we bring in a player with pace they need to be able to actually play football. I'd like to see Bale here as I think Mancini could turn him into a quality player capable of playing our style but adding a greater threat to our counter attack.

One key difference this year that is being overlooked is that we're missing Richards. His pace and ability to get beyond the opposition fullback scared teams last season. I love Zabaleta but you can see a difference in the pace of our game when Richards plays (Maicon also to an extent).

I'd like to see Zabba tried in the defensive/box to box midfield role alongside Milner with Yaya pushed further forward.

One thing I'd like to mention that Hart's distribution is annoyingly slow.

V Stoke in the FA Cup Panti released the ball very quickly throughout the game and set up attacks. Hart doesn't do this as he tends to run into players leaving the box and then looks frustrated that he has nobody to distribute the ball to when 9/10 times it's his fault.

I don't understand all the 'then how did we win last season' talk. Everyone was different, for starters and lets not forget that we had Adam Johnson who provided a different and more direct dimension and scored a few absolutely massive goals for us. He ended up slated on here and some if it deserved, but he was a different option we failed to replace, capable of beating a man (albeit without much pace) and scoring more than one long range curler against packed defenses

What's so disappointing is it looks like we need quite a rebuild to really compete for the title and do well in Europe. Teams have sussed us out. We can't continued to be limited with tactics and styles of play.

Mancini's biggest failure is not to have developed Plan B and his bizarre substitutions compound matters.

I think we do need more wide players, dzeko would benefit greatly.

Having said that I don't think our system will change as Mancini is tactically limited as a manager.

citymad said:
What's so disappointing is it looks like we need quite a rebuild to really compete for the title and do well in Europe. Teams have sussed us out. We can't continued to be limited with tactics and styles of play.

i think our defence is fine, but its CM where improvement is needed, id also get rid of nasri for someone more direct, our midfield has to be more mobile.

crb said:
Moody said:
Every team needs some players with pace look at ronaldo,messi,bale,di maria,pedro,walcott etc. all there teams benefit from the pace and movement it allows them to make! Speed is overrated is like saying mancini is a good tactician and man manager....

So pace is needed to be successful and we lack pace, how then did we win the league? Who are all these pacey players were missing from last season?
your not listening to my point are you if that's your reply, we've been found out this season with our tactics my point is we need pace in the side for a plan b

Moody said:
crb said:
Moody said:
Every team needs some players with pace look at ronaldo,messi,bale,di maria,pedro,walcott etc. all there teams benefit from the pace and movement it allows them to make! Speed is overrated is like saying mancini is a good tactician and man manager....

So pace is needed to be successful and we lack pace, how then did we win the league? Who are all these pacey players were missing from last season?
your not listening to my point are you if that's your reply, we've been found out this season with our tactics my point is we need pace in the side for a plan b

Not to put a dampener on things but had teams understood the way we'd play at the start of last season we probably wouldn't have won the league. Mid-season they cottoned on to us and while we still won more than anything the amount of draws and losses increased as teams understood us.

We need serious tactical changes IMO, something more difficult for teams to blockade.

Our problem is and has been for a long while now that we lack off-the-ball movement. Too many players aren't making runs without possession to give us forward outlets. My suspicion is this is instructed so as to keep our shape defensively, and we pass the ball around hoping the opposition makes a mistake we can exploit in their positioning. Unfortunately, our central midfielders aren't good when pressed. It's a recipe for disaster.

City's speed and intensity:

4647135476_a59bf4d156_z.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.