City's spending this summer.

NipHolmes said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
The day I give a fuck what a football fan who who quotes newspapers is the day I grow a vagina. I even told my step brother to fuck off West Ham fan) and then proceeded to explain to him how the rags made there own money in great detail. His only reply after was so weak and pathetic I told him to not speak to me about football again

Sounds like you rarely speak to many outside your bubble then.

The hate and jealousy out for us is nationwide. I blame the tabloids and tv for it. Fuck off Pidge in advance. Balotelli stamp which didn't connect was given the more amount of airtime and talktime than Syria's chemical attacks.

Some even suggest we forced Pellegrini to have these players and they were bought without his presence or say so. Assumptions non-truths, shit happens daily.

Everyday I have to speak people outside my bubble, mainly Arsenal and Spurs fans where I work. The difference is I couldn't give 2 shits what they think just like they know I couldn't give 2 shits what they think when it comes to our respective clubs. I dont go home and have a cry about it and blame the nasty media for reporting on us the biggest sports story in the country. I go home and if I even think about it which I rarely I think " Wow isn't it amazing that I am not scouring teletext for a tiny little article on City about us signing the Botswanan 4th teams reserve goalkeeper for a nominal fee while fans of other clubs patronise me about my club being there 2nd club"

NipHolmes said:
oakiecokie said:
Vienna_70 said:
People tend to forget, ignore or don't know that we have one of the highest incomes in European football.

Therefore, our spending is completely in line with our earnings.

Exactly V_70,so why some fans have to keep on making a song and dance about it,everytime someone makes a slight noise about it,is beyond me.
"Well my Rag mates have said this" "My Rag mates have said that","the media keep saying this".Fuck me its like being back at school with some people,who sound as though they need some help and justification in moaning about what people think about us.
Broad shoulders and a fucking spine are required.

What the f**k are you chiming on about?

I can only blame booze for your non-sensical and irrational distribe.

Only you who thinks so,you poor soul,getting upset at what people say and think about us.Man up,grow a pair and stop thinking about shagging older women.Are you Rooney in disguise ?????

NipHolmes said:
As we all know we have brought in Jovetic, Negredo, Fernandinho and Navas. A centre-back still to come in to replace Kolo. The press can't help but tell everyone we have spent 90m and my mates are giving me jip about buying the next title again.
I explain that our signings are to replace Tevez (10m) and Mario (20m) who were both on high wages and we are also upgrading on Barry who is expected to be sold or leave on a free next year. So much for us killing football, our whole spree has been trumped by Madrid buying a single player in Bale, whom have also bought Illarramendi, Isco, Casemiro and Carvajal. Their total spend has been close to £170-175m!!!

By the end of the window I think our spending will end up being trumped by Spurs who currently have spent £60m and are still trying to get Willian and/or Lamela.

Possibly Chelsea if they pull off Rooney and Willian as well as their signings already (Schurlle and Van Ginkel).

Lets hope a lurking journo grows a backbone when they spot this and report accordingly. City being slaughtered for investing into the team being criticised is solely based on the fact United are being asset stripped and their goings on should not have anything to do with us, they can spend as little or as much as they want and it's up to them. Meanwhile in Europe City are merely keeping up. Madrid, PSG and Monaco have hammered the market, treble winning Bayern with the best squad in football have spent £60m on two youngsters in Goetze and Thiago.

Bit of context hurt nobody.

City are news Nip..we have bought good players but no marquee signings yet its us they talk about!!

Good or bad,limelight is limelight..

The media will always try and sensationalize a story involving teams like City, Chelsea, PSG and Monaco etc while not battering an eyelid when a Madrid, Barcelona or Manchester United do similar. It's something I've personally grown accustomed to. If fans of these teams want to get on their high horse and claim some form of moral victory then they can do so.

As long as Manchester City are player good football and are right up there challenging for major honors i couldn't give a hoot what for example a Manchester United fan thinks. It's rather hilarious actually when they do make those kind of comments. They come across as bitter that little old City now have a brilliant team and are actually challenging. Leave them too it is what i say.

The thing that annoys me are the City fans who criticize our club. In the past day alone the amount of negative comments surrounding Denis Suarez has been amazing. Yes the boy had bags of potential but he was in the last year of his contract and Barcelona came swooping in for him. Things like this happen in football. I've heard a few fans banging on about how pointless our youth system is. How it's not developing players and how no player from our youth system will ever make the XI yes ever!!! I know City fans are known as being slightly pessimistic, but our owners are fantastic, our squad is one of it not the best in the league. People need to sit back relax ignore the press, ignore bitter rival fans and more importantly get behind the project that's in full flow.

NipHolmes said:
As we all know we have brought in Jovetic, Negredo, Fernandinho and Navas. A centre-back still to come in to replace Kolo. The press can't help but tell everyone we have spent 90m and my mates are giving me jip about buying the next title again.
I explain that our signings are to replace Tevez (10m) and Mario (20m) who were both on high wages and we are also upgrading on Barry who is expected to be sold or leave on a free next year. So much for us killing football, our whole spree has been trumped by Madrid buying a single player in Bale, whom have also bought Illarramendi, Isco, Casemiro and Carvajal. Their total spend has been close to £170-175m!!!

By the end of the window I think our spending will end up being trumped by Spurs who currently have spent £60m and are still trying to get Willian and/or Lamela.

Possibly Chelsea if they pull off Rooney and Willian as well as their signings already (Schurlle and Van Ginkel).

Lets hope a lurking journo grows a backbone when they spot this and report accordingly. City being slaughtered for investing into the team being criticised is solely based on the fact United are being asset stripped and their goings on should not have anything to do with us, they can spend as little or as much as they want and it's up to them. Meanwhile in Europe City are merely keeping up. Madrid, PSG and Monaco have hammered the market, treble winning Bayern with the best squad in football have spent £60m on two youngsters in Goetze and Thiago.

Have we been transported back three or four years? I've not seen or heard anyone slaughter us for spending money for fucking AGES.

For as long as I can remember the media have always highlighted how much teams have spent. Going right back to when Spanish footy first came onto Sky and they used to show a league table of how much teams have spent over the Summer across Europe.

Us and Spurs have spent a lot of money this Summer and it's rightly talked about because it's one of the only interesting things to talk about while there's no competitive footy on during the Summer months.

I don't see the problem with it, I certainly don't see us being slaughtered for it.

I'm sure the press will report that our wages are down anything up to £500,000 per week. We have spent circa £85 million in 2013. We have recouped best part of £35 million thus far. We have also removed the best part of a reported £700,000p/w from our wage bill. RSC, Bridge, Maicon, Kolo, Tevez and Balotelli all off. Fernandinho, Navas, Jovetic and Negredo will all be on between £50,000-£80,000 per week. So we are saving anything from £350,000-£500,00 per week.

The FFP is something all clubs are being forced to adhere to, we are no different. We are complying quite well. everything is in order.

As someone has said, we are what 7th? On the revenue list for European football. We are surely going to keep raising, we will soon be ahead of Arsenal & Chelsea.

Our revenues grew £80,000.000 in 2011-12. The top three, Madrid, Barcelona and United's all shrunk in the same time.

If our revenue grows even half of what it did for 2012-13 we should be in the top 5 European football revenues..

The press will not report that City are spending within their limits whilst constantly improving on the pitch.

We have shrunk our wage bill by a considerable amount whilst spending a net £50,000.000. A £40,000.000-£50,000.000 net spend is about the average spend of a Premier league Champion. United's net spend last season was £51,000.000 ours the year before, £48,000.000 Mourinho's net spend was £291 million over 3 seasons I can't imagine what the wage bill was for some of Europe's top superstars.

Op, just tell your mates, your colleagues that statistically we are doing no different than any other Premier League side who has aspirations to win the league. Well we are, we're actually lowering our wage bill. That is not common amongst title contenders..

Caveman said:
NipHolmes said:

Have we been transported back three or four years? I've not seen or heard anyone slaughter us for spending money for fucking AGES.

For as long as I can remember the media have always highlighted how much teams have spent. Going right back to when Spanish footy first came onto Sky and they used to show a league table of how much teams have spent over the Summer across Europe.

Us and Spurs have spent a lot of money this Summer and it's rightly talked about because it's one of the only interesting things to talk about while there's no competitive footy on during the Summer months.

I don't see the problem with it, I certainly don't see us being slaughtered for it.
Come on Caveman, this is an agenda thread. Stop talking sense.

Tbf, the main things I've been hearing from "pundits" and the likes of TS are that City have done very well this summer. Bought well, bought early so they can gel them quicker, and how the signings already look the part. Not much negative stuff this year, IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.