Citys Top Cat

Shands

I am of course talking about the gormless lanky lads with big flappy hands whose inability to kick a ball as well as the rest of us, led them on the path that would ultimately see them live a life of existing in a box while dressed like a frog. – goalkeepers to you and I

With Joe’s near purrfect performance the other night being rightly heralded by all and sundry, it got me to thinking that we’ve seen some fine individual performances down the years from our men stationed between the sticks.

On that basis who do you think has put in the greatest one off display that makes them deserving of the award of being City’s top ‘cat’.

My vote goes to Arni Arason

That lad who played v spuds in the 4-3 win. Only on loan but made a great double safe in the second half

Nicky Weaver at Maine Road in a 1-0 win against Ipswich in the Championship under Big Joe.Individually kept Ipswich at bay single handed.

My Dad was away in Germany at the time but phoned me on my mobile after 90 mins. I recall spluttering down the phone to him that I'd just seen something quite special.

JH the other night was something else though as well.

Blue Streak said:
Nicky Weaver at Maine Road in a 1-0 win against Ipswich in the Championship under Big Joe.Individually kept Ipswich at bay single handed.

My Dad was away in Germany at the time but phoned me on my mobile after 90 mins. I recall spluttering down the phone to him that I'd just seen something quite special.

Was just about to post this.

It almost seemed like we'd won to me watching Weavers performance that night.

Ed68 said:
Blue Streak said:

Was just about to post this.

It almost seemed like we'd won to me watching Weavers performance that night.

Ermmm we did mate. 1-0

Considering the level of the opposition, Joe Harts performance was the best I've ever seen.

Blue Streak said:

This will always stay with me however I do believe that harts performance on Wednesday was better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.