City's worst manager of all time

reddishblue said:
This subject has been raised before and the conclusion then was Alan Ball (RIP), Even before relegating City, he relegated numerous teams beforehand.

I was totally dumbfounded when he got the job. Made absolutly no sense at all.

Ball, Coppell, Neal, Clarke, Hughes.

All awful, for various reasons.

Until recently my dad used to blame anything that went wrong in the world on Thatcher and Malcolm Allison coming back and fucking it up. He liked him but couldn't forget that he was the start of it all fucking up.

jimharri said:
Goats left knee said:
frank clark deserves a shoe up the hole.
Fixed.

pmsl

it has to be ball though , correct me if i'm wrong please , my memory is a bit vague ,
but i do remember him getting manager of the month , then we went to the riverside(the year it opened) , i remember kinky scoring for us first , i thought at that moment we were
going places (how naive) , & then they got 4 , juninho got a hat trick ? it was a long train back , and the wonderwall/alan ball song was never to be sung again.

WEMBLEY76 said:
Without starting an argument on here,can anyone state 100% fact why Coppell left after 33 days ? (IE No rumour/supposition,accusations etc)

The reason given at the time was stress. He didn't appear to realise the club was run like Fred Karno's circus or appreciate the unrealistic expectations put on a new manager. So he walked.

My accolade goes to Alan Ball. Couldn't have motivated a stud bull in a field full of cows. Completely out his depth and the manager I always associate most with our downward spiral.

sir baconface said:
WEMBLEY76 said:
Without starting an argument on here,can anyone state 100% fact why Coppell left after 33 days ? (IE No rumour/supposition,accusations etc)

The reason given at the time was stress. He didn't appear to realise the club was run like Fred Karno's circus or appreciate the unrealistic expectations put on a new manager. So he walked.

My accolade goes to Alan Ball. Couldn't have motivated a stud bull in a field full of cows. Completely out his depth and the manager I always associate most with our downward spiral.
*Reaches for ''coffee removal from keyboard'' cleaner*

John Benson 1983. Only had a 17% win record (albeit only half a season).
He got us relegated that year.
That was the initial fall from which we never really recovered, right up until Sheik Mansour invested
For me, he put this giant to sleep.

SimpliCITY said:
John Benson 1983. Only had a 17% win record (albeit only half a season).
He got us relegated that year.
That was the initial fall from which we never really recovered, right up until Sheik Mansour invested
For me, he put this giant to sleep.
tnis giant was sedated by many bad managers but for me swales administerd the nearly leathal injections well meaning or not

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.