City's worst player of all time

spam1967 said:
i always remember when samaras came on against blackburn in the cup, 20 minutes from the end, 1-0 down, he hugged the touchline for the final 20 minutes........... it was fuckin awful....there wasn't even an attack on goal........he was frightened to do anything......what a **** he was.

fuckin hell pearce!

That's not true.

He might not have touched the ball but he made a point, whilst the fans were going mental at how shit it was and how there was a total lack of urgency and commitment to getting something, of slowing the game right down by running half the width of the pitch to shake Tugay's hand as he was being subbed. Tugay was about 56 at this point and had taken the piss out of the midfield all day long. But even on his zimmerframe he was doing the old 'go slow' as he got subbed - he couldn't believe they weren't out of sight against this dross and thought he'd waste some time. Samaras had, as usual, done fuck all and shown no appetite for it, but stopped Tugay and slowed him down more to thank him for the footballing lesson - whilst the clock was ticking down.

Anyone else would have given him a kick up the arse and congratulated him on taking the piss in the dressing room. Not George though. I couldn't believe what I was seeing! I believe it kicked off in the City end that day with people seething at each other. I'm not surprised after witnessing this.

Slightly off topic but didn't want to start a new thread. While compiling my worst players (not gonna post yet as still too many) I've come across some 'Who?' players that for whatever reason I've never heard of.

Maybe it's just my memory but does anyone remember any of these...

Ken Mcnaught. Played in the 3-1 home loss against Carlisle in the 1984/85 promotion season.

Ronnie Mauge. 1 sub appearance against Sheff Wed away 1991.

Guiseppe Mazzarelli. 2 subs 1996.

Ray Kelly. 1 app Hudd Town Nov 97.

Steve Rimmer. 1 app Mansfield Town Dec 98.

Super David Silva 21 said:
Rolando Bianchi.

what was all that about.
worse than Mills? I dont think so.

the poor lad never got a real chence to prove himself.

I remember when everyone were screaming his name, and at last Sven put him on the pitch and he scored.

I will never understand how the Vass got picked over Bianchi

PS.
worse than this? notice the wonderful attitude, just stand still in the corner instead of try to win the ball back. pathetic

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhR-WnafzoE[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.