City's worst player of all time

Walkbustaxi said:
Slightly off topic but didn't want to start a new thread. While compiling my worst players (not gonna post yet as still too many) I've come across some 'Who?' players that for whatever reason I've never heard of.

Maybe it's just my memory but does anyone remember any of these...

Ken Mcnaught. Played in the 3-1 home loss against Carlisle in the 1984/85 promotion season.

Ronnie Mauge. 1 sub appearance against Sheff Wed away 1991.

Guiseppe Mazzarelli. 2 subs 1996.

Ray Kelly. 1 app Hudd Town Nov 97.

Steve Rimmer. 1 app Mansfield Town Dec 98.
Can't believe I'm quoting myself here but no-one responded. Who are these guys and were they good, bad or just indifferent?

Walkbustaxi said:
Walkbustaxi said:
Slightly off topic but didn't want to start a new thread. While compiling my worst players (not gonna post yet as still too many) I've come across some 'Who?' players that for whatever reason I've never heard of.

Ken Mcnaught. Played in the 3-1 home loss against Carlisle in the 1984/85 promotion season.

Can't believe I'm quoting myself here but no-one responded. Who are these guys and were they good, bad or just indifferent?

McNaught was so slow but was brought in for his experience I think.

Ronnie Mauge was from Bury I think,saw him at SWFC but must have blotted it from my memory and my therapist removed any trace of the others.

Seriously,non are the worst to play for City IMO.

Tbilisi said:
Walkbustaxi said:
Walkbustaxi said:

McNaught was so slow but was brought in for his experience I think.

Ronnie Mauge was from Bury I think,saw him at SWFC but must have blotted it from my memory and my therapist removed any trace of the others.

Seriously,non are the worst to play for City IMO.
I was just shocked not to know names of some players who've played for the first team in league games.

Mcnaught is the only player from the McNeil team that I can't remember but can let myself off as I was a wee nipper.

Mauge in 91. Seriously not a clue and to make it worse I went to the game too.

The other guys are from 96-98 and I have a valid excuse. I was out of my head big time round 97. It was the only way I could watch the fuckers.

I should have started an 'indifferent city players' thread.

For the money it has to be Jo but others such as mcminimum, clough and mills came with a bit of a profile and ended up being total garbage and took the piss.

Totally agree with the Frank Clarke journeymen 'as one' - Heaney, Russel, Wassal Tracey etc.

Samaras - agree.

Charvet - first one that sprang to mind, instantly recognised he was crud.

Sommeil - in French, means 'sleep'. Nuff said.

I do feel I must comment on a few others:

Somone mentioned Dickov early on due to his strike rate...aside from the obvious that must have been stated already, he made a lot of goals for others by chasing everything that moved - defending from the front and pressuring opposition, causing havoc and panic. In fact, at the expense of ridicule, I'd go as far as saying he was possibly a better footballer (with the ball) than Goater - whom I also love, the Goat was just great at getting into the right place at the right time enough times to have the chance to shin/knee/etc. so many goals in.

Creaney - erghh, can't believe I'm defending him, but useless barrel that we was, did score a cracking free kick one game that got us a least a point, so he can't be the worst for me.

Homer/Fonzie Frontzeck - again, a contender, but will always have a place in my heart for saving us 2 points in the last minute (can't remember who against, poss QPR/Fulham?) when as the last man vs a breakaway from halfway line, his chain of thought was lightning fast, and knowing he would never catch most players in this situation, tactically read the game to a T by just deciding to smash said 'breakawayer' to the floor. Deservedly got sent off, but it was enough to get men back behind the ball and hold out.

If I had to pick one,... it would be not because he couldn't care (different crime entirely and more heinous in my book) but because he really was that bad over and over after being given a fair run to prove otherwise - Charvet.

The Sommeil signing pissed me off at the time because we were apparently uber-close to signing Reizeger from Barca. Obviously he went on to do fuck all at 'Boro, but the only thing Sommeil had going for him was his goal celebrations. Tbh most players mentioned in this thread pretty much sum it up, so I can't really add anyone else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.