Cityzens Matchday Membership

blueboyforever

After having a season ticket for 20+ years I moved away from Manchester in 2016 and gave it up.

I moved back in February and want to start going to the match again. My lad is bang in to City as well, so we purchased match day memberships in the hope of getting season tickets this year. Obviously the club only released silver season tickets this morning and we were unsuccessful.

Going forward it’s my intention to go to every home game this year. The point of this post is I’ve just read that the club release all 19 games on the same day, is this true? If so does anyone have any experience how fast they sell out?

I have a bit of money saved but I can’t afford to buy 19 home games x2 all at once. Has anyone been in this situation before and can offer any advice? Like should I prioritise buying certain games first? United? Liverpool? First game of the season? Last game of the season? All the big 6?

I’ve been promising my lad for months that we could go to each game, my mistake for jumping the gun.

Thanks for an help in advance.

Hi mate. From what I understand there is a small window where tickets for ALL games go on sale to match day members before the season starts.

This window does not usually result in the games selling out with the remaining tickets being sold when tickets go on sale again leading up to the relevant fixtures.

If I were you I would prioritise Utd, Liverpool and the final home game of the season when this members window opens. You should be able to get tickets for the other games in the run up to them being played as long as you’re in there early.

Even in the event of a sell out close to the fixture there is the option of the ticket exchange where season ticket holders who can’t attend can put their seat up for sale. I was able to get extra tickets for Utd & Liverpool the day before and day of those games because of it.

Your job -

Make sure you have the correct membership.
Find out when this exclusive members window is.

Hi mate. From what I understand there is a small window where tickets for ALL games go on sale to match day members before the season starts.

This window does not usually result in the games selling out with the remaining tickets being sold when tickets go on sale again leading up to the relevant fixtures.

If I were you I would prioritise Utd, Liverpool and the final home game of the season when this members window opens. You should be able to get tickets for the other games in the run up to them being played as long as you’re in there early.

Even in the event of a sell out close to the fixture there is the option of the ticket exchange where season ticket holders who can’t attend can put their seat up for sale. I was able to get extra tickets for Utd & Liverpool the day before and day of those games because of it.

Your job -

Make sure you have the correct membership.
Find out when this exclusive members window is.

Ok so after the priority window the games go off sale until nearer the actual game?

Cheers for the advice, I’ve not followed the ticket situation for years and I couldn’t believe what I was reading. Selling a ticket for a game potentially 8-9 months away proper shocked me.

Ok so after the priority window the games go off sale until nearer the actual game?

Cheers for the advice, I’ve not followed the ticket situation for years and I couldn’t believe what I was reading. Selling a ticket for a game potentially 8-9 months away proper shocked me.
I'm not sure they do go off sale, however most games get tickets available right up to the game as s/c seats are put on resale when KO times / days are changed. Or away blocks returned. As posted the derby , Liverpool maybe chelsea are the games to try for first.

I'm not sure they do go off sale, however most games get tickets available right up to the game as s/c seats are put on resale when KO times / days are changed. Or away blocks returned. As posted the derby , Liverpool maybe chelsea are the games to try for first.

Ah ok, I’ll make sure I’m on the ball as soon as they’re released and hopefully we’ll be at every game.

Tickets usually go online a week or two after the fixtures are released , i always get Utd and Liverpool tickets then the first and last home game , the rest i have bought a month to 6 weeks before the match but worth keeping a regular eye on the stadium planner to make sure of availability.

Tickets usually go online a week or two after the fixtures are released , i always get Utd and Liverpool tickets then the first and last home game , the rest i have bought a month to 6 weeks before the match but worth keeping a regular eye on the stadium planner to make sure of availability.
Sshh don't give away all the tips until I've got mine sorted :)

I bought every home game last season for my grandson in one hit. I couldn't afford the full amount so paid it on a 6month no interest credit card. He worked out great for us no hassle trying and checking each home game availability. CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.