CL Draw | QF: Atletico Madrid | SF: Chelsea/Real Madrid

Why do you think it’s failed miserably? Don’t you think the tickets will be sold?

Because this match should have sold out.(by now) QF of the CL! Yes, it might still sell out? But will City shift 1400, £60 tickets, in 3 day’s, we’ll see? There’s 100’s of tickets left in certain blocks in L3.(see below)

As other people have posted, with matches home and away, European trips, cup finals, travel and hotel expenses, coming thick and fast, tickets at home against Atletico should have been priced taking those factors in consideration.

I accept ticket prices for those in the CL cup scheme are good. And L1 and L2 look like they’ve sold out.(we’ll see on the night)

But when will the people at City accept a full stadium roaring Pep and the team on is better than a few thousand quid more in the bank at the latter stages of the CL?

For many people the £60 ticket price is a price they will not pay. If the highest prices tickets were priced between £45 - £50, the match would have sold out.

It’s not about empty seats.(arf!) It’s about getting every seat filled with City fans supporting the team on a CL, QF, night at the Etihad.

B261-CEB9-A66-E-4-DA6-AD90-D73-C34-F9-EAE7.png

Last edited:
Because this match should have sold out. QF of the CL. Yes, it might still sell out? But will City shift 1400, £60 tickets, in 3 day’s, we’ll see? There 100’s of tickets left in certain blocks In L3, see below. As other people have posted, with matches home and away, European trips, cup finals, travel and hotel expenses, coming thick and fast, tickets at home against Atletico should have been priced taking those factors in consideration. I accept ticket prices for those in the CL cup scheme are good. And L1 and L2 look like they’ve sold out, we’ll see on the night. But when will the people at City accept a full stadium roaring Pep and the team in is better than a few thousand quid more in the bank at the latter stages of the CL? I

B261-CEB9-A66-E-4-DA6-AD90-D73-C34-F9-EAE7.png
Whats your opinion going to be when it does sell out?

Whats your opinion going to be when it does sell out?

Fantastic!

I’ll accept I was wrong. And I’ll admit City got it right. Sorry City!

And if doesn’t sell out?

I won’t say I told you so, and ticket prices in CBL3 and ESL3 were too high. (with 237, £60 tickets still to sell in just over 3 days in block 308 alone)

Don’t forget, Atletico returned 1000’s of tickets which City wouldn’t have factored in when deciding the ticket prices.

Bearing in mind season ticket prices and concessions the 1,259 remaining seats would probably cost the club gross receipts of around £54k. If City reduced all prices by £1, and this would have meant a sell out then it also reduces the gross gate by the same amount.

In reality a £1 reduction won't make it that more attractive, if would need to be £5 plus and cost the club £270k. People who go to a game that is £50 or £55 instead of £55 or £60 are hardly going spend £5 a pint, especially not mid- week European games when the bars are empty by normal standards in the sold out areas.

There is northing wrong in the pricing from a business point of view, and it is very likely these remaining tickets will be "sold out" without anyone buying them at full price, ether given away or sold very cheap to students.

Fantastic!

And if doesn’t sell out?

I won’t say I told you so, and ticket prices in CBL3 and ESL3 were too high. (with 237, £60 tickets still to sell in just over 3 days in block 308 alone)

Don’t forget, Atletico returned 1000’s of tickets which City wouldn’t have factored in when deciding the ticket prices.
£60 is criminal when City knew how hectic the fixtures for April and potentially May are going to be. I got mine for £50 and I still think it’s £10 overpriced, but I’m a sucker and I’m still going.

Fantastic!

And if doesn’t sell out?

If Athletico did indeed return 1000s of tickets and we have 1200 ish left Id suggest City got the price spot on from a business point of view. If we don't sell out we will be very close to selling out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.