CL Last 16 (Dinamo Kiev) (NO City away fans) (24 feb and 15 mar)

My concern with the draw is how the hell they can be sure that Zenit do not draw Dynamo? What if they were the last two teams left in the bag?

This all makes me think that they will do some prior interfering with the draw. Maybe they will split the seeded and unseeded teams into two groups making sure that Zenit and Dynamo were in different groups.

Also how do they sort out who will play their first legs on 16-17 February as opposed to 23-24 February?

I alaways assume that UEFA draws are liable to be suspect as the criteria are never made explicit beforehand.

They draw the first team out, (e.g Zenit) then select the other teams, place their balls in the pot and pick one at random (so they'd exlude Kiev and Gent in this case - the pot would have Roma/PSG/PSV/Benfica/Arsenal added to it). If the scenario arises where the last 4 teams to be drawn include 2 that can't be paired, they just apply simple logic, like they did when we got Roma from Pot 4 of the draw as opposed to getting BATE.

We need to be drawn before Chelsea or Arsenal. If we're not they'll come up with some bollocks about TV pairings, the war in Ukraine or the price of mangoes to justify us only being able to draw PSG. I really don't trust these people.

Will it be that bald **** who does the group stage draw hosting it or can they just have Kate Abdo hosting it instead?

That draw simulator on the Manchester Evening News makes doing a simulation so much easier.

Here's the draw I just got:

City-Kiev
Madrid-Roma
Barca-PSG
Bayern-Benfica
Chelsea-Gent
Zenit-PSV
Atletico-Juve
Wolfsburg-Arsenal

Obviously won't happen as we won't see Barca v PSG this early due in part to Twatini, but this would be a great chance for all 3 English sides to advance, also eliminates two of Barcelona, PSG, Atletico, and Juve from the possible QF opponents.

Highly unlikely it will happen,but what happens if Kiev and Zenit draw each other in a future round,how will UEFA sort that out,is this a geographical situation,or to do with the tensions over there I ain't sure ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.