CL Last 16 (Dinamo Kiev) (NO City away fans) (24 feb and 15 mar)

My issue though is we never manage a clean sheet. We get picked off every time and we end up needing 2 or 3 goals to get any result. We might get past Kiev that way but we will never make a serious challenge. We will never out score one of the big boys but if we can defend well and pick up 1-0 wins we would have a chance against anyone!
Vinnie might be back by March cos he's been one week away from being ready for about 10'years now.
Hopefully then some clean sheets might be possible.

Draw is perfect only could have been better if gent so really happy!!! Also it will be dynamo kievs first game in 72 days due to there winter break so they cant be match sharp, my predictions are away win 2-1 and home win 3-0 overall 5-1 on aggregate what are fellow city fans views and predictions be great to hear????

I have a slightly different view. The game where a clean sheet is most important is the home leg - then we don't concede any away goals. Away from home the most important thing is to score. 0-0 away is not the best result in the world, because then 1 Kiev goal at our place and we suddenly need 2. It's all about away goals.

Thank god you said that, I thought I was going nuts for a minute. The best thing we could do is try and score as many as possible in the first 10-20 minutes then shut the game out. If we were to finish the first leg 2 or maybe 3-0 then if we score at home they need to put 4 in to win.

With Zenit and City handed easy Round of 16 draws, I think it's pretty reasonable at this point to expect these teams to advance. Let's all hope for a Zenit City tie in the Quarters, would be great to see one of these teams in the semis, two Champions league underachievers.

If City think this is an easy tie they are making a huge mistake. Kiev played in 3 Champions league semi finals. They have loads of experience and could make things very awkward for us. Don't forget in European games their is diving, cheating, playacting and the refs lap it up. Park the bus in Kiev (well at least a mini bus) and hit them on the break. 0-0 away will be a fantastic result.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.