CL Last 16 vs Barcelona (feb. 24 & mar. 18)

Re: CL Last 16 vs Barcelona

Prestwich_Blue said:
inbetween said:
Problem with this theory is, if they are fixing the draw so that big teams don't get each other... Why have we got Barcelona and why have Chelsea got PSG? Surely us getting Monaco and Barcelona getting Schalke or something would make more sense? I guess no-one would call conspiracy then.

It would certainly look far less suspicious if we'd got Monaco. But someone's got to get us & PSG and it really needs to be someone like Barcelona, Real Madrid or Bayern Munich who can beat us. Obviously it couldn't be the latter so it had to be one of the other two. As per last year, no doubt they'll get all the help they need from UEFA, via the ref.
the refereeing performance in both legs last year was probably amongst the worst I have ever seen, but i'm told it evens it self out

it probably did with Roma at home and CSKA away.....oh wait

chicagoblues said:
SAMH4000 said:
They have Messi, Neymar and Suarez...they're going to destroy us.
Destroy is a wrong word mate.
This is it ..this time around we will stuff those bastards .It doesn't matter who they have or not but this time we will do them .
I am putting my money on City . That is all.
Come on city.

Saying we'll stuff them suggests you've been on the stuff :)

I give us a fighting chance - better than last year as we are a more settled team (remember MDM was really struggling this time last year). But we need our key players fit. With a fit Aguero, Silva and Kompany, we will be very competitive. Could be the tie of the round.

Btw, if we get through, I would love to get Chelsea in the quarters as we could very definitely beat them and further puncture the media wankfest.

sam-caddick said:
I just hope Pellegrini gets his tactics right this time i.e. no Kolarov on the wing and Yaya not in a midfield two.

Roma away for me proved Fernandinho and Fernando is our best midfield combo in this competition, if Yaya wants to play he goes in as a number ten.
Yaya won't be playing the home leg as he's suspended for one more game.

Champions2012! said:
I wonder where the customary barca pen will happen this time. Probably in their half of the pitch.

On the plus side Neymar is diving less this season. I know it's a little hopeful but maybe they won't get a pen this time, just a couple of freekicks.

Cheapest flights I could get were from Stansted, but by the time I take into consideration parking and fuel I'm looking at £100 anyway.

I had the Birmingham ones at £60 each but the payment wouldn't go through on Ryanair, saying a card error. As if by magic, the prices had suddenly shot up and I looked elsewhere. No problem with the payment with the next ones though on the same site....

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
Champions2012! said:
I wonder where the customary barca pen will happen this time. Probably in their half of the pitch.

On the plus side Neymar is diving less this season. I know it's a little hopeful but maybe they won't get a pen this time, just a couple of freekicks.

their freekicks are pens though
like last year

CAPTAINKIPPAX said:
Don't even know why they bothered with that charade of a draw we all knew who we would get them that corrupt pair of bastards Twatter and Twattini saw to that but at least we have home advantage and as has been said in earlier posts I don't feel Barca are as formidable this season even in La Liga the rest of the league don't view them with the same dread as in previous years the awe factor has diminished somewhat so provided we get back some of our injured and get back to something near full strength again we've a great chance of progressing.

Same. Everyone already knew it would be Real or Barca. We again had some huge percentage of not drawing them but it never matters, we get the hardest draw regardless of chance.

The true chance of always drawing Real, Barca and Munich is astronomical and probably impossible without human intervention.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.