CL Last 16 vs Barcelona (feb. 24 & mar. 18)

Re: CL Last 16 vs Barcelona

chris85mcfc said:
Chippy_boy said:
Balti said:
Excellent. Bring it on.

No it's not "excellent" it's shite. Chances are we'll be knocked out and end up with a shit pot again next year. SHIT.

Well no not really, if we win the league we will be in pot 1 regardless

And chances are that either Barca or Real Madrid will be in pot 2 - and who would we get?

blackley macca said:
I think we will be a better side when we face them again, definitely capable of beating them over two legs.

Looking forward to it, just waiting on dates for flights now.

Depends on whether we shit our pants again and whether the ref will let us get within 5 feet of their players without calling foul

First legs 17/18/24/25 February. Second legs 10/11/17/18 March.

Prestwich_Blue said:
coleridge said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
You've got to laugh. Our kid asked me to text him the draw so I said to make it quick it'll be 'A' for Real Madrid & 'B' for Barecelona.

The thing I can't quite work out is that they obviously know in advance which teams we (or anyone else can play).So they set up all those pots, with one for each club, that have all the potential opponents in. So our pot has six balls in and the other seven pots have the teams that the other second place teams can play. But when one of those possible opponents comes out then that eliminates that team from all the other. For example, once Chelsea were drawn, no one else could draw them. So how do they manage that? The only way they can do it is by knowing which teams are in which balls surely?

Didn't they just remove the Chelsea balls from the other pots?
That's the most likely explanation which means that they can easily see which is which. And if they can see that then it must be easy to fix.
They have all the runners up in one pot.

Then 8 seperate pots designated for each group winner with multiple balls in each.

When we are drawn out they then pick one ball from each pot of team we can face and make up a new pot of balls and then draw them out.

They then pick out the coldest ball.

wagonman said:
I always like to get the slightly tricky stuff out of the way first, then stroll through to Berlin to meet Real Madrid...

(Anyone who thinks the draw was fixed needs to spend more time away from his/her computer and try to build some genuine relationships out in the real world.)

JJ

Jamie Jackson?

It's getting a little ridiculous at this point. Every year it's about 50/50 that City will get an unfavorable draw and so far City have gotten an unfavorable draw 100% of the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.