CL - Porto (H) | Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This game is to hard to say as Porto have lost a couple off players during this last transfer window. So as Portugal season has just started it will be hard to know just how match fit they are.

So it may well go down to how each manager used his substitutes. We know that Pep likes to make substitutions as late as possible. So let's see how he handles this first match in the Champions League.

Look, guys, I may be biased, but in theory you shouldn't even sweat it. Quality of their players is not good. Only way they could possibly win this is by completely shithousing it, and I don't see them being able to do it at the Etihad. Just don't field your B team because they have some experienced players. They'll be content with a draw.

Quality of our league in general is just atrocious these days despite some individual talent (though most of it as been drained out to better leagues). It's nothing like the beginning of the decade when Porto and Benfica were actually very very good and could battle it out in Europe.

We’ve seen in the past Pep goes overly strong until the group is mathematically won but I’d like to see some rotation here, Porto aren’t anything to fear and even if we dropped points there’s plenty of time to recover, full use of the squad in this. Stones Fernandinho Gundogan Torres all coming in, perhaps a Doyle/Palmer

We’ve seen in the past Pep goes overly strong until the group is mathematically won but I’d like to see some rotation here, Porto aren’t anything to fear and even if we dropped points there’s plenty of time to recover, full use of the squad in this. Stones Fernandinho Gundogan Torres all coming in, perhaps a Doyle/Palmer
Not yet mate,get points on the board early doors means further down the line hopefully we can rest,rotate and blood some youth ..

Ederson
Walker
Dias
Laporte
Cancelo
Fernandinho
Gundogan
Bernardo
Torres
Mahrez
Sterling

Panel submitted

I don’t even know what that means mate. I am from an era when you had 11 men on the pitch, and one sub, and it was Dave Connor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.