CL Quarter Final Draw - Liverpool A Apr 4th - H Apr 10th

That was an absolutely horrendous draw. Even if we get past Liverpool, the semis are going to be very strong. Bollocks.
It's the latter stages of the champions league, usually Madrid, Barca and Bayern are hanging around at this stage. To win it means beating teams like that. But see your point could have done with one of the ultra elite teams being knocked out in the quarters, seems they all may get through.

The only thing that worries me slightly is the match up.
Bayern under Pep much like us dominated possession in all 3 CL semis he played. Got hit on the break again and again. The one against Barca at home he got horribly wrong using just 3 defenders to deal with their 3 superstars.
Liverpool will be looking for a chaotic game as they can't hope to control the midfield area.
We will concede over 2 legs but Liverpool are poor defensively and if we are reasonably clinical we should put them away.

This draw reeks to me. The only 2 English teams drawn together. The big guns are all kept apart. They get rid of 1 of us this round & then Barca, Real & Bayern are waiting to finish off the winners. Always thought that the powers that be would do everything they could to ensure a Clasico final.
Its very convenient, the only thing wrong was Barca at home first leg, that said, I think Roma can do them, and Juve will want to beat Real this time, so who knows ?

I may be in the minority that this is probably the best draw for City. Liverpool are a familiar adversary, City play them away first, and there's no pressure in the league anymore.

City only need to score an away goal(s) and the pressure is on Liverpool.
If that be the case i'm in the minority with you, feel good about this draw. Come on City. Sky have done nothing but go on about the 4-3 at Anfield it would seem the 5-0 stuffing we gave them earlier in the season has been hair brushed out completely.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.