CL Quarter Final Draw - Liverpool A Apr 4th - H Apr 10th

All this stuff about not playing Sterling at Anfield is weird, he needs to sort his head out if it effects him that much.
What next, every player choosing his games depending on how many big bad boo boys the opposition club has?
Nasri was always same against arsenal, went to pieces everytime? a sign of mental weakness??

If we didn't have Pep in charge I would be less confident. Behind the front three they do not have a lot. They want to press and create chances by stretching us but as ever they struggle against organised teams.

We can play 5 at the back with better personnel than the 5-0 win and they will not find it easy to break us down and we will create chances to score. Being away in the first leg is a huge help as they will be so worried about conceding so will have to try and reign in things a bit out of that fear which will help us.

We know a 2-1 loss is still a good result so have more options in the way we play the game. The second leg at home gives us a chance to show what a real atmosphere is like and we can beat anyone at home and with our record at Anfield and against Liverpool in general it is about time we got one over them and this is the time we have all been waiting for.

In any case Barca Real and Bayern would have been tougher and likelihood is the semi and final will be even more challenging so lets embrace it and as fans get behind the team and get them past Liverpool and closer to that trophy! Klopp has a good record against Pep but I think he will help us by setting them up to bottle this! They would have been desperate for the home leg second and that famous anfield atmosphere. They could have gone at us from the off at the etihad but instead have to try and keep things tight.

Sevilla showed a 0-0 at home is a great result for the home side and poor result for the away side because then just 1 goal away puts huge pressure on the home side.

If we score first at Anfield this time we will sit back and counter to protect that lead.

the thing that stick out the most for me in that liverpool game was they blown themselves out after 70 minutes and we was all over them and aguero nearly leveled the game right at the end. so am not buying this is the worst draw we could have had and over 2 leg's in a cup tie you be a fool not to fancy us and with a near full squad its going to be them who fear us

the time has come and if manchester city ever want to be a major team in europe and england its now and beating liverpool over the 2 games will send warnings right across europe that pep and manchester city are the real deal and we are going to stamp our name on the trophy

Fuck - gutted - what an anti-climax. i was sat there all at the ready to look for flights and hotels and now only have to look forward to having my hubcaps nicked.

Yeah bus or train a much better option.

Deffo train for you mcfc, long drive home with no wheels. Or is a helicopter on the cards..?

We have to give Liverpool our greatest respect. They have troubled every team in the country and done well in this competition too. The same can be said for us. We've matched each other in the league, it's about who can cope under immense pressure and which manager can deliver the best tactical gameplan.

Liverpool against United might be the key... Rashford gave Trent Arnold a terrible time. Sane in the mood might win us the ties single handedly. He seems to be the player with the most elite mentality for for big occasion. Having Silva, Jesus, and maybe Laporte might help us too. Give Aguero United and the home leg.

We have to give Liverpool our greatest respect. They have troubled every team in the country and done well in this competition too. The same can be said for us. We've matched each other in the league, it's about who can cope under immense pressure and which manager can deliver the best tactical gameplan.

Liverpool against United might be the key... Rashford gave Trent Arnold a terrible time. Sane in the mood might win us the ties single handedly. He seems to be the player with the most elite mentality for for big occasion. Having Silva, Jesus, and maybe Laporte might help us too. Give Aguero United and the home leg.

I'm sure we will. But 21 points behind tells you that there quite a few that they haven't troubled enough.
I just love it that if we have one bad result, people (not saying you) start losing confidence and imagining all
sorts of depressing scenarios. But Liverpool have just lost to the rags.

they will not give us one ounce of respect , they are scousers , and although they have "matched" us face to face (not sure 5-0 compares to 3-4 ) they are 20 points behind us in the league , as for terence trent darby a right back i think you will find Cline will be fit and available for this game , but he wont stop Sane either.

I'm sure we will. But 21 points behind tells you that there quite a few that they haven't troubled enough.
I just love it that if we have one bad result, people (not saying you) start losing confidence and imagining all
sorts of depressing scenarios. But Liverpool have just lost to the rags.

Because the rags play to Liverpool’s weakness. We always play to Liverpool’s strengths

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.