CL Quarter Final Draw - Liverpool A Apr 4th - H Apr 10th

The game st Anfield all their goals were individual errors combined with one also being a foul. The first goal we had chances to win the ball in midfield but didn't, then everyone backed off Chamberlain who thought he may as well shoot, Ederson could have done better too.

The second goal Stones has a chance to clear but doesn't. He then gets caught by pace and is fouled.

The third goal I think Gundogan first loses the ball, Otamendi does the same, nobody effectively closes Mane down who hits the usual worldy we concede there every season.

The fourth goal is down to Ederson but nine out of ten times that hit wouldn't be so accurate as to score.

That game we had too many below par players on the day. The whole defence, Gundogan was sloppy in possession and Aguero and Sterling anonymous. Fernandinho was poor too. Liverpool pressed us well and have quality in attack but we contributed to our own downfall that day.

This game we have to retain possession better and not take risks and dither at the back. Both Silva's have to start as they keep the ball well. We need Kompany and Otamendi as centre backs. If and it is a big if, we have Mendy back then Aguero and Jesus will probably start too. Sterling is a no for me he freezes away at the dippers.

Stating the obvious it's a bloody difficult game for us because our style suits Liverpool and gives them space and chances. It is impossible to call this one. It could be anything it really could, well apart from a 0-0!

That worldie was a mis hit

If we play both Silva's and Aguero and Jesus, who from our strongest line up won't be playing?

That worldie was a mis hit

If we play both Silva's and Aguero and Jesus, who from our strongest line up won't be playing?

Most worldies are.

Sterling and Sane drop out for Jesus and B.Silva as D. Silva and Aguero are in our strongest line up. Mendy if fit gives us width on the left.

I don't see Mendy playing in this game considering we've only got the Everton match to get some minutes into him. Reckon it's more likely he'll feature in the league games.

Interesting thoughts

Sane would always be in my team as I believe his pace is absolutely critical to our counter attacks

It depends on Mendy s fitness. Pep has said he would have played Aguero and Jesus together more if he had stayed fit. Sane has improved considerable since then so it would be a tough call. If the game is tight or we need a goal then Sane and maybe even Sterling off the bench running at a tired Liverpool would be a good option to have.

Will indeed be interesting how dippers can handle Klopp's energetic style of pressing over 4 difficult matches.
Palace away (Sat), us on Wed, Everton (Sat) and us on Tue.
They were quite flat towards the end in January IMO.

While we could afford to rotate and rest a bit in the league matches - dippers can't at all.
If things go wrong for them it could be a very expensive 11 days...

If we go through to the next round it won’t be because we deserved it it be Liverpool we’re robbed of aguero was flagged for being an inch offside

The game st Anfield all their goals were individual errors combined with one also being a foul. The first goal we had chances to win the ball in midfield but didn't, then everyone backed off Chamberlain who thought he may as well shoot, Ederson could have done better too.

The second goal Stones has a chance to clear but doesn't. He then gets caught by pace and is fouled.

The third goal I think Gundogan first loses the ball, Otamendi does the same, nobody effectively closes Mane down who hits the usual worldy we concede there every season.

The fourth goal is down to Ederson but nine out of ten times that hit wouldn't be so accurate as to score.

That game we had too many below par players on the day. The whole defence, Gundogan was sloppy in possession and Aguero and Sterling anonymous. Fernandinho was poor too. Liverpool pressed us well and have quality in attack but we contributed to our own downfall that day.

This game we have to retain possession better and not take risks and dither at the back. Both Silva's have to start as they keep the ball well. We need Kompany and Otamendi as centre backs. If and it is a big if, we have Mendy back then Aguero and Jesus will probably start too. Sterling is a no for me he freezes away at the dippers.

Stating the obvious it's a bloody difficult game for us because our style suits Liverpool and gives them space and chances. It is impossible to call this one. It could be anything it really could, well apart from a 0-0!

Good points. Just don’t see Mendy starting or playing even in these games.

In the 4-3, we were without Kompany and Silva and had an out of form Stones playing. Not to mention Liverpool had 9 days rest before the match while we played Burnley and a semi final with Bristol prior to the match. Aguero was also a touch away from making it 4-4 in added time.

So everything that could of went their way did, more rest, injuries, rare Ederson mistakes, clear foul not called, worldly scored after a defensive mistake etc etc and still they just barely managed to win.

Don’t get me wrong it is a tough draw but it is a much much better draw than Bayern, Barca, Real or Juve.

We are the better team and I think over two legs we’ll show it.

Interesting thoughts

Sane would always be in my team as I believe his pace is absolutely critical to our counter attacks
Sané is going to be one of the very best players in the world and shows glimpses of being that already. You don't leave that out of the team when it's one of the reasons we've done so well this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.