CL Ticket availability

Libertine11 said:
Liverpool fan here, we got offered tickets in work (civil service in merseyside) for £25 last Wednesday, unlimited amount per person as well.
Emailed back on Thursday, checked the availability on the website and thought id be guaranteed a ticket so sorted out trains and hotel to make a day of it. Only to get an email back so its no longer available, but available on general sale at £48 yet the website wont let me buy because ive no previous history. Bit of a joke

Mate got the same email last week...

Man City v Bayern Munich

This game is on Wed 2 October kicking off at 7.45.

Tickets are £48.

CSSC have got a special discount on tickets at £25 per person. There is no limit on the number that can be purchased. The e mail address for purchase is Jamie.bunney@mcfc.co.uk.

Didn't believe him at 1st.. Have to say not too impressed they city are charging non regulars 25quid when there asking 43 and 48 for season ticket holders...

It always seems that City fans are more price sensitive than most. Is it genuinely an issue of disposable income or are we just more reluctant to pay inflated prices?

Our attendances also seem to be highly dependent on how many kids turn up. There are always lots of empty seats at midweek games even if the club announces a sell out. Do we have a higher proportion of junior fans than other clubs?

On the face of it, it seems bizarre that we can sell out FA Cup games against Watford and Barnsley but not a CL fixture against Bayern. But the prices are much different and there were large numbers of juniors at the FA Cup games.

I actually didn't think paying £46 or whatever it was is too bad to play Bayern in the champions league. Especially considering we probably charge the same amount for a home game against Everton/Norwich etc.

Still, I can understand people thinking it is expensive. Especially if you are paying for a family and it does get ridiculous. At the end of the day, ticket prices over here are a joke.

I was more pissed off at the cost for us against Wigan last week. We should have had tickets maximum of £10 and a quid for kids and we might have actually got a decent crowd, for what was essentially a reserve team (a very good one though)

Club sell 40,000 tickets at average of say £45 (I know its a bundle but the true cost of this game is from £43-£53 depending on where you sit and when and how you buy.)

40,000 @ £45 = £1.8m

Assume they had priced at £30, they easily sell the other 6000.

46000 @ £30 = £1.38m

You can see why they price it as they do from a commercial point of view but it doesnt help the man with the family who simply cant afford these prices.

I still expect 44000 or so will be there.

Hike the prices up to price out the proper fans then have to flog thousands of tickets to tax dodgers and scousers for half the price to fill all the empty seats. Nice one City

Danny Hoekman said:
Just been told there are going to be 40,267 in attendance tomorrow night.
Is that an official Peter Swales attendance announcement? What odds could I get for predicting this figure?

Blue_Ketchup said:
Libertine11 said:
Liverpool fan here, we got offered tickets in work (civil service in merseyside) for £25 last Wednesday, unlimited amount per person as well.
Emailed back on Thursday, checked the availability on the website and thought id be guaranteed a ticket so sorted out trains and hotel to make a day of it. Only to get an email back so its no longer available, but available on general sale at £48 yet the website wont let me buy because ive no previous history. Bit of a joke

Mate got the same email last week...

Man City v Bayern Munich

This game is on Wed 2 October kicking off at 7.45.

Tickets are £48.

CSSC have got a special discount on tickets at £25 per person. There is no limit on the number that can be purchased. The e mail address for purchase is Jamie.bunney@mcfc.co.uk.

Didn't believe him at 1st.. Have to say not too impressed they city are charging non regulars 25quid when there asking 43 and 48 for season ticket holders...

not one person has replied to my post on page 7 about these " £25 " tickets

my mate is going in on weds for £25,non season ticket holder,im a season card holder yet im going in for £33 via the " value bundle "

city have got the pricing terribly wrong and now they're resorting to what they did a few season ago of getting rid of some tickets via local colleges and now it seems civil service people

cibaman said:
It always seems that City fans are more price sensitive than most. Is it genuinely an issue of disposable income or are we just more reluctant to pay inflated prices?

Our attendances also seem to be highly dependent on how many kids turn up. There are always lots of empty seats at midweek games even if the club announces a sell out. Do we have a higher proportion of junior fans than other clubs?

On the face of it, it seems bizarre that we can sell out FA Cup games against Watford and Barnsley but not a CL fixture against Bayern. But the prices are much different and there were large numbers of juniors at the FA Cup games.

they can help solve the kids-not-turning-up problem by issuing upgrades on all concessionary (say u16) tickets for night games, like they did for Wigan last week

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.