Claiming compensation from Ryanair

I flew back from Denmark (the night we won at Brighton last season), delayed over 3 hours on take off, we meant a plane half full of pissed up Danish rags.... Ryanair managed to get me back to Manchester 2.55 late and all it cost them was a bottle of water credit note.

Plane bounced landing in Manchester it came in that fast.

I flew back from Denmark (the night we won at Brighton last season), delayed over 3 hours on take off, we meant a plane half full of pissed up Danish rags.... Ryanair managed to get me back to Manchester 2.55 late and all it cost them was a bottle of water credit note.

Plane bounced landing in Manchester it came in that fast.
Same last night (sorry, this morning); took off just on 3 hrs late, but got in 20 minutes before the original scheduled landing, at 01:28. Another hour before I got out on the open road. Finally got back home at 05:30. We got a £3 credit note. That doesn't buy much in an airport.

Same last night (sorry, this morning); took off just on 3 hrs late, but got in 20 minutes before the original scheduled landing, at 01:28. Another hour before I got out on the open road. Finally got back home at 05:30. We got a £3 credit note. That doesn't buy much in an airport.
Never fly Ryanair normally but, the airport I was going to as I was being picked up by my mate (Bilund) only Ryanair fly there from the NW unless you pay mad money.

Saved him a fortune not having to cross the Toll Bridge to & from the airport both ways if I'd flown into Copenhagen.

We were delayed by 5 pints on Tuesday flying Easy jet Belfast to Manchester.
We were supposed to land about 2pm and had booked sixes for 5pm, but were still in the Lagan Bar at that time.....thankfully we cancelled the booking and Sixes were decent enough to refund the deposit, now to see what Easyjet do

Knowing Ryanair there’s probably a charge of £99pp to make a claim
I’m using Ryanair quite a bit at the moment in and out of Stansted.
Ryanair have made short haul flight cheap, but certainly not cheerful.
You’re alright with them as long as you do exactly what it says on the tin.

They are basically something you endure for the short time your with them. You know exactly what you are getting. I’ve never had to look for compensation thankfully, but I know they build in delays to their flight times.
Quite regularly the flight leaves late but still lands and disembarks within the time stated.

We were delayed by 5 pints on Tuesday flying Easy jet Belfast to Manchester.
We were supposed to land about 2pm and had booked sixes for 5pm, but were still in the Lagan Bar at that time.....thankfully we cancelled the booking and Sixes were decent enough to refund the deposit, now to see what Easyjet do
They won’t “do” anything unless you follow the protocol on the on line pro forma precisely on their website.

I have done it twice and was recompensed within a week.

Last edited:
I’m using Ryanair quite a bit at the moment in and out of Stansted.
Ryanair have made short haul flight cheap, but certainly not cheerful.
You’re alright with them as long as you do exactly what it says on the tin.

They are basically something you endure for the short time your with them. You know exactly what you are getting. I’ve never had to look for compensation thankfully, but I know they build in delays to their flight times.
Quite regularly the flight leaves late but still lands and disembarks within the time stated.
Yep; the time allowed to fly from Dublin to Manchester is one hour. In reality, it's not much more than half of that.

View attachment 129441

Anyone had experience of this? Were you successful?

Google EU flight delay regs. Email demanding compensation and stay firm as they will do anything and everything to not pay. Keep repeating the regulations and you will get your money.

6 months and 5 emails to Lufthansa but I got the full cost of 2 x business class flights back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.