Clarkson Suspended by BBC

101toMR said:
Doesn't it wind you up when white middle class people use that very same dynamic to try to prove a point and in this case trying to prove unsuccessfully that the BBC is right wing?
Wouldn't it be fun if the BBC were infested with poor from any background and point of view? Cheap reality shows that pander to the populist needs and frivolous shows about buying houses and how to turn your junk into cash.
Oh wait, isn't that what they already show, no wonder the high brow Cheshire set are livid.

Not really because any/all arguments about the BBC's political bias are a reflection of the political bias of the person arguing it. They are both subjective (though spoke about objectively) and cherry-picked.

Yes the BBC show Cash in the Attic. They also have BBC Four. They have Strictly Come Dancing and Just a Minute. Match of the Day and World Football Phone-In.

As I say, these arguments on quality are always cherry-picked down to "BBC One is a populist channel". Which I'd agree with, mainly because BBC One's remit is to be a populist channel and it is one of hundreds of services that the BBC run which doesn't reflect the overall quality of broadcasting.

Damocles said:
101toMR said:
Doesn't it wind you up when white middle class people use that very same dynamic to try to prove a point and in this case trying to prove unsuccessfully that the BBC is right wing?
Wouldn't it be fun if the BBC were infested with poor from any background and point of view? Cheap reality shows that pander to the populist needs and frivolous shows about buying houses and how to turn your junk into cash.
Oh wait, isn't that what they already show, no wonder the high brow Cheshire set are livid.

Not really because any/all arguments about the BBC's political bias are a reflection of the political bias of the person arguing it. They are both subjective (though spoke about objectively) and cherry-picked.

Yes the BBC show Cash in the Attic. They also have BBC Four. They have Strictly Come Dancing and Just a Minute. Match of the Day and World Football Phone-In.

As I say, these arguments on quality are always cherry-picked down to "BBC One is a populist channel". Which I'd agree with, mainly because BBC One's remit is to be a populist channel and it is one of hundreds of services that the BBC run which doesn't reflect the overall quality of broadcasting.

Waaay too even handed to disagree with any of that.
Perhaps I'm looking at it through rose-kunting spectacles?

blue cigar said:
SWP's back said:
urmston said:
If Clarkson did punch the other bloke then the BBC will become a laughing stock if he isn't sacked by the disciplinary hearing.
It's really upsetting the yoghurt knitters that he's popular and might get away with it.

Good on him.
And here comes the daily mail mob......
God I love it when the Left get in a tizzy and they attack, it's akin to being savaged by a flock of wet half dead sheep, truly terrifying ;)

Should be in the joke thread but

What do Jeremy Clarkson, Whitney and Amy Winehouse have in common?

A: None of them are doing Top Gear anymore.

950965-top-gear-birka.jpg

images

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
The racist Yorkshire c**t should be shot in front of his family.

Can't they just put him out of the way on neftflix or one of the other modern ways the kids get their telly nowadays?

He's a harmless loud mouth, nothing more, and as long as those who want his particular brand of infantile entertainment pay for it themselves I don't see why they shouldn't.

I wonder how much his ITV contract will be for their new flagship show "mildly-racist-motors" - where the real housewives of cheshire pick a celebrity each to act as their chauffeur for a day, whilst muttering at passers by...

I know that the beautiful Mrs This! would pay good money for the box-set right now..

urmston said:

Can't they just put him out of the way on neftflix or one of the other modern ways the kids get their telly nowadays?

He's a harmless loud mouth, nothing more, and as long as those who want his particular brand of infantile entertainment pay for it themselves I don't see why they shouldn't.
It's called a licence fee. Free the Jezza 1

urmston said:

If only there were a way for the most popular BBC programmes to be funded by the people.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.