Claudio Bravo signing confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes there were some shaky moments but for me the most striking thing was how immediately clear it was that he's going to be integral to the way we play. We might see the odd mistake that costs us a goal but on the flip side he will play his part in a system that sees us dominate games and score more goals. I think the benefits will outweigh the costs.

Almost word for word what I said about Stones. When it goes wrong it will look fucking terrible, but what wont be so obvious is when its purring along, calmly passing, playing around the opponents high press, maintaining pressure and getting us through the lines and bearing down on goal in two swift forward passes.

There's going to be more than a few footballing dinosaurs forced to either admit the shortcomings in their knowledge or shut the fuck up. Naming no names, Ian Wright.

It may already have been mentioned, but most of the mistakes were due to poor communication, which can be sorted relatively easily. And on the goal, I thought his decision to come for the ball was right, and his decision to catch it was also right - the problem was Stones going for the same ball. If Stones hadn't jumped, Bravo would've comfortably caught the ball with no challenge from any United players, which is always preferable to punching it.

It may already have been mentioned, but most of the mistakes were due to poor communication, which can be sorted relatively easily. And on the goal, I thought his decision to come for the ball was right, and his decision to catch it was also right - the problem was Stones going for the same ball. If Stones hadn't jumped, Bravo would've comfortably caught the ball with no challenge from any United players, which is always preferable to punching it.

54 touches of the ball, Rooney had 59.

He'll be our sweeper and will make us an XI man team instead of X Like most other teams and over the season that will contribute to a great deal positively.

The goal was just poor understanding between Stones and Bravo. That's just a lack of having played together before rather than being a clanger. Stones just didn't hear his shout or anticipate that he was going to come for the ball. But even in the second half the exact same situation occurred and Stones got out of the way. It already looks to have been ironed out.

I don't have a problem with that mistake.

The worst three were the chance he gave them right at the end of the first half, the poor touch for the lunge at pube-head and the one at the death when he shut his eyes and missed the ball only for Stones to get it near the line.

They were three moments of poor play but three out of 54 isn't bad and he'll get a lot better.

I was an advocate of Hart staying and adapting but it didn't happen. Its nice to see both the club and Joe handled the situation in such a professional manner.

Watching Bravo play made me realize that maybe for a keeper this style is something you can't adapt to. You either have it or you don't. Bravo made some mistakes but he was truly thrown into the fire and showed resilience.

I would say given the circumstances he had a solid performance, really added something different to our game. It was beautiful to watch.

The price for me is irrelevant. Bravo is 33 and can easily play 4+ years. He is high quality short term solution. When we win the league nobody will care how much we paid. Hopefully Gunn or Rulli will be ready to take over in the near future.

Bravo is gonna get scapegoated from some neanderthals who cannot accept change. It will 100% happen. Stones got lucky cos he has been top in every game. Bravo looks a bit shaky and he will get shit all year. Some of us need to learn how to support the players, not just the shirt they wear.

*sigh*
Even if we keep winning, its gonna be a fucking long year with the moaning bastards on here.

That's what I said. I watched the game with my old man and all he has been banging on about was the performance of our goalkeeper. Not how good we were or the fact we have just won the Derby.
If he does that against Bournemouth I'm dumping the miserable old bastard out at Corley Services on the way home...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.