Claudio Echeverri/On Loan at River Plate

Easy to see why there's so much hype about him based on his last 3 or 4 appearances.

Already making an impact with goals and assists but also dictating the play.

If he keeps developing at this rate it'll be interesting to see whether he goes straight to Girona (I'm sure he will) or a fast track into Manchester.

Got that typical Argentine tenacity on the ball. Reminds me of Foden in the way he finds pockets of space and the turns on the ball. Excited to see him develop further. It makes sense to give him a season at Girona to get further experience in Europe before he joins up with us.

https://twitter.com/VinnyGrappa/status/1740018698914779479

Whinging about an oil-club spending £20m on Echeverri. I did a little research and posted this in response:

Rooney (17, €37m, 2004)
Shaw (18, €37.5m, 2014)
Fabio Silva (18, €40m, 2020)
Vinicius Junior (18, €45m, 2018)
Rodrygo (18, €45m, 2019)
Martial (19, €60m, 2015)
Endrick (16, €72m, 2024)
de Ligt (19, €85m, 2019)
Felix (18, €126m, 2019)
Mbappe ( 18, €180m, 2017)

Seems like anything goes for Real and Manchester United.

Why to Girona? If he's playing regularly already for River Plate, in another 7/8 months time he should be ready to come straight to us.

City will want him playing football, which he won't get if we have Foden, Musiala, Paqueta and KDB here next year.

I think going to a Spanish speaking country and a good development club like Girona where the pressure is off and he will play 30 games at least will be the best next step in his career.

Clubs always have contingencies for foreign speaking players. The time he arrives is no different, he will already be taking English lessons and we have Spanish speaking players and staff anyway. Jesus and Alvarez came straight here with no problems. I just feel that going to Girona before here would indicate that they don't see him as a first teamer so get him here and integrate him into our system and not Girona's.
Not to mention the fact that according to many posters on here, Pep won't be here much longer (yawn)

Just off topic but I’ve tried to play videos on this thread and others that are on X and YouTube, they play for about a second then stop. Anyone else having the same problems or is there a setting on my phone preventing these videos being played continuously?

a friend who was in the stands yesterday tells me the fans go crazy for him whenever he touches the ball, they love him and the social media hate is not at all representative of how they feel about him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.