Clichy

jellert

We are not talking much about him. When he was playing for Arsenal i didn't rate him.

Yesterday he was playing oustanding. Just wanted to say that.....

He wasn't even bad at Arsenal. He was the scapegoat for a poor back line.

He wasn't great at the offside trap though. That system really didn't suit him. When he played Villa onside in the CL, I think the Arse fans had had enough.<br /><br />-- Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:34 am --<br /><br />
jellert said:
I agree. They never got a sniff on his side.

Very good player. Was considered one of the best full backs in the league for a while before his form tailed off. His electric pace is a great asset that gets him out of trouble and his composure at times is excellent (though he fucked it up near the end last night)

anyone see the disagreement between him PLatt and Mancini when we were 1 nil down? (Sorry to be negative)

Was excellent yesterday

Only really been done over by Danniel Sturridge this season ...very surprised Chelsea Manager missed this point as it could have cause us some problems

The Fat el Hombre said:
anyone see the disagreement between him PLatt and Mancini when we were 1 nil down? (Sorry to be negative)
Didn't notice. What happened?

Jumanji said:

He wasn't great at the offside trap though. That system really didn't suit him. When he played Villa onside in the CL, I think the Arse fans had had enough.

-- Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:34 am --

jellert said:

Are you serious????

All of chelseas best attacks (albeit not many) in the first half came down our left side with Ramires.......Clichy seems to escape much criticism because most seem to prefer him to Kolarov

M24-CRC said:
Jumanji said:

He wasn't great at the offside trap though. That system really didn't suit him. When he played Villa onside in the CL, I think the Arse fans had had enough.

jellert said:

Are you serious????

All of chelseas best attacks (albeit not many) in the first half came down our left side with Ramires.......Clichy seems to escape much criticism because most seem to prefer him to Kolarov
All Ramires did was run at Clichy.

He did okay last night. Much better when we went 1-0 down and chased the game. I still think teams get in behind him too often and he somehow escapes criticism for never closing the man down, whereas Kolarov gets slaughtered for it. His pace gets him out of the shit a hell of a lot of the time. It's also got to be said that his crossing is absolutely woeful.

Jumanji said:
M24-CRC said:
Jumanji said:

Are you serious????

All Ramires did was run at Clichy.

and got past him a few times.....<br /><br />-- Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:41 am --<br /><br />
simonr555 said:
He did okay last night. Much better when we went 1-0 down and chased the game. I still think teams get in behind him too often and he somehow escapes criticism for never closing the man down, whereas Kolarov gets slaughtered for it. His pace gets him out of the shit a hell of a lot of the time. It's also got to be said that his crossing is absolutely woeful.

absolutely spot on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.