Clichy

Has been excellent for some time now. Really like him. It would take one too left back to better Clichy.

He will thrive under Pep.

His only problem is he offers very little threat once he gets past the half way line. I still think we need a better left sided defender, however we set up to play, and Clichy can back him up. as long as I don't have to watch Kolorov blasting crosses in and defending like a statue.

Been our best player (along with Fernando) since Christmas.

I like him and, although I wouldn't exactly describe him as an elite player, £7m was a bargain.
What? Fernando has been nowhere bear our best player since Christmas. He wasn't even the best defensive mid since Christmas and Hart Sagna de Bruyne Kun and others have been better than Fernando with Fernandinho being in front of all of them. Or did you mean Fernandinho?
____
Clichy is decent enough. Although inconsistent with his high quality performances, he actually rarely has a shit game.

What? Fernando has been nowhere bear our best player since Christmas. He wasn't even the best defensive mid since Christmas and Hart Sagna de Bruyne Kun and others have been better than Fernando with Fernandinho being in front of all of them. Or did you mean Fernandinho?
____
Clichy is decent enough. Although inconsistent with his high quality performances, he actually rarely has a shit game.

No, I'd say Fernandinho was our most consistent player all season but Fernando came on leaps and bounds after the new year. I know you disagree but, yes, I think he's been our best player over the last six months.

I'd be happy enough to go into the season with Clichy and Angelino as our LBs

Clichy is rarely injured (only missed 18 games through injury since he joined) and has a good engine on him. Of the EDS players, Angelino has, over a consistent basis, looked one of the most promising -if not the most promising - to me. He'd pose an attacking threat that Clichy lacks.

The rest of preseason will hopefully show us that Angelino is ready. I'd rather us spend the money in other areas than LB if possible.

I'd be happy enough to go into the season with Clichy and Angelino as our LBs

Clichy is rarely injured (only missed 18 games through injury since he joined) and has a good engine on him. Of the EDS players, Angelino has, over a consistent basis, looked one of the most promising -if not the most promising - to me. He'd pose an attacking threat that Clichy lacks.

The rest of preseason will hopefully show us that Angelino is ready. I'd rather us spend the money in other areas than LB if possible.

i wouldn't. We all had this hope Angelino would break through last season but we've seen almost every time he plays he's severely lacking defensively. This became clearer still during his loan spell at NYCFC. He'd get absolutely torn part against a decent right winger in the premier league. Angelino has always looked like a winger playing at fullback, he needs to learn the defensive side of the game quickly otherwise he's going to end up back as a winger in the lower tiers instead of potentially a top class fullback. As much as people love to hate Kolarov, suggesting Angelino is currently better is absurd. He's simply not.

Every confidence Pep can make Clichy step up a gear though. He's shown the odd glimpses of attacking ability, he has the pace for it it always seemed to be a mental thing with him where he'd have to turn around as soon as he went over the halfway line. Can put in a great cross on occasions and has the intensity in his game Pep loves. He'll do well next season

giphy.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.