Clichy's crossing

They should just start twatting crosses along the floor with pace, trying to ping balls on aguero's head is just a waste of time and may as well try a shot themselves like Kolarov loves doing so much!!

I thought he put a few good crosses in but only Aguero was there, maybe a liitle bit forward some for them.

If we are playing with wing play then we need one of the midfield and especially the attackers to bust a gut to get into the box. If you look at the scum when their winger flies down the wing and is in a crossing position then:

a) both strikers are in the box, 1 on the last man and rooney drops deep to the penalty spot usually
b) the opposite side winger tucks in on the far post
c) At least one midfielder is busting a gut to get in the box.

They overload the CBs in the middle 4 on 2 unless a MF drops back and the opposite side FB tucks in. Then, 9 times out of 10, they rifle in a low hard cross which has a chance of pinging anywhere, getting a toe-poke on it towards goal (Hernandez) or breaking to one of the 3-4 other players in the penalty area. It only has to work once/game and it generally does.

Fast wing play with 1 man up front is just asking for the cross to be intercepted or the striker to be marked out of the game.

Hamann Pineapple said:
moomba said:
It is when he's stuck on the right with no right foot.
It's funny because he was born right-footed but his father made him only train with his left foot. Probably because he'd be more likely to make it as a footballer.

Jumanji said:
.allan said:
Better than Johnson whilst playing right wing.
Because he has pace mate. A pacy Johnson would be an animal!! Johnson only has quick feet and against many defenders that isn't enough unless they make a mistake.
So?
If i had ability i'd make it in the prem but i dont. This not a Johnson thread anway.

Our left back Clichy was more effective at right wing than our winger. Clichy can cross its not his fault half the time there is nobody in the box or maybe he crosses a bit early but his crosses are good for me.

i dont agree,he put some cracking balls across last night.admittedly no one was there,perhaps your saying he should try and pick someone out and not bother crossing it if no one is available,or on the other hand,maybe someone should be gambling and busting a gut to get on the end of it.
im not saying this is you,but it does my head in,how our fans moan and ridicule our players (especially full backs and wingers) and pick holes in their play. kolorov is getting worse and worse,hes started to just hit it from anywhere,johnsons looking scared to take on a man. for me,this is the whingeing from the crowd,theyre scared to do anything in case it goes wrong,and then they'll get berated!! it just doesnt help! utd have got,and always have had some absolute crap playing for them,but coz their fans back them in their scummy shirts,they somehow make it as pro footballers,and even manage to get medals. o shea,evens,nevilles,chadwick etc etc etc. look who we've ruined edghill,summerbee,kolorovs on the way etc etc. perhaps rather than huffing and puffing,a clap and shouts of encouragement,hard luck,keep going etc. might do the trick for the next time they get the ball,and rather than knocking it square,they might have the confidence to attack the oppositions back 9 and create a goal!

I thought clichy ran and ran last night and did some good crosses. Didn't result in much in the end unfortuneately.

If we're going to talk about bad can't cross, what about kolorov last night. Don't get me started on him. Not one decent cross at all.

I think his crosses have improved from his arsenal days and are getting much better, last night he whipped the ball into dangerous areas a few times but there was no one there

If you're talking about last night's game, then I can't remember noticing any good crosses or any bad ones either.

In general he seems a decent crosser and also does something we could do with more of - he plays the ball into the danger area first time. I noticed this a while back, if he's belting down the wing and the ball gets put through to him, he whips it in straight away almost every time.

As has already been pointed out though, when there's nobody in the box he's hardly likely to cross it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.