clough

allan harper said:
So clough took over from don, and the players didnt like him, is that roughly what happened?

he told the players they played shit dirty leeds football.
they'd won the league! and euro cup final?? not sure on that 1

bluemanc said:
allan harper said:
So clough took over from don, and the players didnt like him, is that roughly what happened?
He ripped all the picures of them winning cups down & told them they had cheated to get them so they meant nothing.

Lol if thats true no wounder he wasnt there that long..

allan harper said:
bluemanc said:
allan harper said:
He ripped all the picures of them winning cups down & told them they had cheated to get them so they meant nothing.

It's true mate but it was pictures not picures like i posted.
He was lethal,he told trevor francis before the european cup final he wasn't good enough to be in the team & that it was omly because of a big injury list he was getting a game.
francis scored & won them the cup.

bluemanc said:
allan harper said:
bluemanc said:
allan harper said:

He was lethal,he told trevor francis before the european cup final he wasn't good enough to be in the team & that it was omly because of a big injury list he was getting a game.

thats quality, what did trevor think of him then? was that clough playing mind games or did he really mean it?

bluemanc said:
kramer said:
Great watch

If he was City manager he would tell Robi to stay up the pitch and that he doesn;t pay him to defend to Richard Dunne to stop hoofing the ball up field I dont pay you young man to play the killer ball just give the ball to Robi because hes a better player than the rest of you and thats why I paid £32M and Robi get tea made young man
He tried that at Leeds & they hounded him out.
Great manager though.

Burton have slowed down since his son as left, just started this doc

Apparently Francis turns up for training on day 1 after becoming the first £1m player... trots across to where the first team are and Clough belloe... "Where do you think you're going young man"?

Francis. "to train with the first team boss"

Clough "Are you eckers like, you've not been here five minutes or proven yourself yet.... get over there with the under 19's until I think youre ready to step up".

Classic.

allan harper said:
bluemanc said:
allan harper said:
bluemanc said:

thats quality, what did trevor think of him then? was that clough playing mind games or did he really mean it?
When he 1st bought him francis was the golden boy of England he was on the tv more than coronation st,he did commercials the lot.
Clough benched him for a month & francis was flabbergasted but he took it & got his rewards.
"I wouldn't say I was the best manager in the business. But I was in the top one."
He was unique.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.