Club 18-30

honkytonkman187 said:
rather than an outright refusal, why not try to find a compromise with her? Maybe rushts will lend her and her mates his caravan for a week in Cleethorpes, if you ask him.

I dread the time coming when I'm in your position. My twin girls are only nearly 1 year old, so it's a way off, yet.

If she does end up going, mention to her a week or so before that you've had an email from the producers of Sun, Sex and Suspicious Parents. Tell her that they get your details via the travel agents, whenever somebody has signed for a non-18 y/o to go, and that you're considering it............. that should make her think a bit.

or chain her to a radiator, as previously said

I live in cleethorpes so she and her mates can pitch a tent in my garden. Problem solved!

My daughter is 18 and her and her friends are planning on a holiday this year.

She is clued up due to mainly hanging around with me and going all home and away games we can plus the pubs involved etc.

You have to trust them to make the right choices like we all had to.

Difficult one this I wouldn't have asked when I was that age I would have just gone and left my parents a note.

My eldest went to Cavos when she was 18 trusted her to be able to look after herself she had a great time. My youngest though, terrible always trouble and didn't need to go on an 18-30 holiday to get in trouble either :/

JOGAMIGMOG said:
My daughter is 17 and wanting to go on one of these hols with 4 other 17 yr old girls this Summer. I've told her she can't go and I am now persona non-grata.

I don't mind her going on holiday, but not on one of these holidays where, it seems to me, heavy drinking and sex games are promoted by the reps and lapped up by all and sundry.

It's been three days now and she hasn't spoken a word to me. Anyone think I'm being too harsh in not letting her go? Cheers.

don't let her go mate, been on one of these many years ago in Magaluf

JOGAMIGMOG said:
SkyBlueFlux said:
I must be from another planet because I'm in my early 20s and honestly couldn't think of anything worse than going on this type of holiday.

Anyway, ignoring how boring I am for a second... In my opinion the time for teaching her rights and wrongs was in the last 17 years. If you've instilled in her a brain, a sense of responsibility and a good nature then she should be able to look after herself and make her own decisions by now. So it depends on whether you trust her. If it's the case that you trust your daughter but not what's going on around her, then I think that's over-protective. She's (pretty much) an adult after all and you can't wrap her up in bubble-wrap for the rest of her life.

My parents would have trusted me explicitly to go on an 18-30 holiday at 17, in fact they probably would have encouraged it because as we've already stated, I'm a boring twat. They wouldn't have worried a jot because they know I'm sensible and trustworthy, they would have packed my suitcase and waved me onto the plane with smiling faces.

Second point, who's paying for it? If she is then fair enough, if you are then personally I would object at that point.

In answer to your 2nd point, me. Although she did say she will get a job and pay for it herself although as a college student it would be part-time weekends only.

As for the first bit, of course I have taught her morals, respect and knowledge and understanding of the world. That's exactly why I don't want her going on one of these holidays where all that goes out the window!

Sorry mate but I think you're showing your daughter a huge lack of respect on this one. You saying no in her ears is you saying "I don't trust you and I think you are going to mainline vodka into your veins and take every pill going and suck every cock that is thrust in your direction and I still think you are an irresponsible little child". If she is willing to get a job and pay for the holiday herself I think there she has shown she has grown into a responsible young woman and I don't doubt you have brought her up correctly so she will know her limits, she will stick with her mates, she will have a laugh and enjoy being young while she still is as life swiftly goes downhill afterwards.

I know to you she will always be your little girl but in less than 12 months she will legally be an adult and you say no now and she will only resent you for it and then when she turns 18 she will just go anyway and a few months isn't going to change anything at all. Don't believe all the scare stories about these holidays just because a few daft girls get bladdered and end up with chlamydia doesn't mean the rest do.

Why not try and compromise? Say she can go on holiday with her mates but not on an 18-30 jaunt....obviously this might just mean she books a flight to Majorca for Magaluf and ends up on a much worse (in your mind) holiday than anything club 18-30 can provide...

I'm sure there are plenty of respectable young men in the cellar who would be willing to go along and act as a chaperone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.