Club Badge (merged)

No stars
No Eagle
No Latin
No bee

yes to three stripes and Manchester connections like the ship.

We have more right to wear Manchester connected badges than Trafford red sox

Yes to a round badge
Yes to MANCHESTER CITY FOOTBALL CLUB around badge
Yes to a white border

DONE!!!!!!

But make sure you submit those views here - http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/club-news/2015/october/badge-consultation - otherwise they won't get noticed. It's really important for all fans to submit their views and to consider what they want, but the only way of ensuring they get through to the club is by using the questionnaire and channel listed on that link. I've posted more slides from the talks here: https://www.facebook.com/GaryJames4/?ref=hl but I haven't submitted them all, so I'd urge fans to come along to the last talk next Wednesday (see earlier post). Thanks

No stars
No Eagle
No Latin
No bee

yes to three stripes and Manchester connections like the ship.

We have more right to wear Manchester connected badges than Trafford red sox

Yes to a round badge
Yes to MANCHESTER CITY FOOTBALL CLUB around badge
Yes to a white border

DONE!!!!!!

Bang on. (Although I love the Manchester Bee).

Everyone has different elements that mean something to them, I'm sure @Gary James could confirm that from feedback in the lectures.

However, you can't please all the people all of the time. There will have to be a comprimise. Personally I feel that while the comprimise should take in to account history and fan's views, it is imperative that any new badge works from a design point of view as well.

For example, we could end up with a badge like Melbourne's with 4 or 5 symbols squashed in to appease as many fans as possible - ships, 3 river shield, red rose, bee, latin writing, crosses, whatever. But it would not work from a design point of view.

The simple roundel design that Gav has done with the ship and 3 river shield just works for me. It's clean, it represents Manchester, it represents City, and it will work from a design perspective in today's multimedia age.

The Manchester Bee means something to me, I'd like it to be included, but when I have seen it included in designs, it makes the badge look more cluttered, it just doesn't seem to work from a design point of view. I'd gladly sacrifice the bee being included in order to have a better looking badge.

Lots of people like the rose, some want the eagle included, but I'm sure all fans would prefer to sacrifice one or two emblems that mean something to them in order to have a badge that works from a design perspctive.

It's fantastic that Gary is involved to help explain the history, I'm so glad the club engaged with him and the fans. It's important to trust the experts, and Gary is undoubtedly one when it comes to the history.

But I hope the club also trusts the experts when it comes to design, and don't just let the in-house graphics team knock something up based on a fans survey. They need a design expert, whether it be Rafael Esquer or someone else, who can reflect fan's views while also making an iconic design that we can all be proud of.

It didn't change my view to be honest as I will always wear my old badges no matter what Gary. I've never been one for replica kits etc but love my small round pin badges and always wear them anywhere I go. This stems from the 70's and 80's when most of the lads I knew did the same and hardly wore scarves or shirts etc.

I've hated the eagle badge since it was produced and the laser blue kit at the time too. It doesn't represent success or failure really I just don't like it. It's daft.

I want something simpler and a bit retro.

What I learned is some blues can't cope with red or anything Utd have used :)

I learned about the fact City and Ardwick existed at the same time. Never knew that.

I also learned about that St Marks photo which was very relevant to me having gone to Peacock Street Primary School right opposite Beyer Peacock train works so saw it working in the 60's. Mr Peacock in the photo I didn't know about that. Also the fact no one knows why the CROSS was on their kit.

I found it all interesting and some quite nostalgic including the great photos of the old social club which I used to go in and watch the crap acts Ha

I would imagine it was brilliant for younger fans with no experience of the 60's and 70's

It's great that we are being given this rare once in a lifetime opportunity to give our views. I really hope the new badge is acceptable to everyone and we can get on with supporting City no matter what the badge is.

The media centre etc is impressive alone so worth going for that

NO Pigeon though ......RIGHT City?

For example, we could end up with a badge like Melbourne's with 4 or 5 symbols squashed in to appease as many fans as possible - ships, 3 river shield, red rose, bee, latin writing, crosses, whatever. But it would not work from a design point of view.

The simple roundel design that Gav has done with the ship and 3 river shield just works for me. It's clean, it represents Manchester, it represents City, and it will work from a design perspective in today's multimedia age.

It's a tough job for the design team I'm sure. Maybe we should have one element on the badge? Perhaps we could have had a vote on which one element sums up City the most - the ship (though it's heading towards USA not Europe where we want to find success); the emblazoned lines/rivers (the oldest part of the Manchester COA); the Lancashire Rose; the original shield (typical of those from c1904 when we first won FAC); the current shield; the Manchester COA shield; the Bee; the Antelope; the Lion; the Eagle; the Stars; the Motto; the MCFC etc.

I wonder, if we all had only one element to pick what we'd go for? Personally, the full name Manchester City FC would have to be there, but anything else?

One element?

The ship

Similar to the Supporters Club Badge?

Manchester-City-Supporters-Club-Logo.jpg

One element?

The ship

No two. The ship and the 3 stripes.
Wait what about the cross, love that old pic!!!
No - a rose.
No - fuck the rose its red and of little significance.
The eagle – look what we have done with an Eagle on the badge Plus I have it tattooed on my knob!

This is not going to be easy but I’m just enjoying the process and am hopeful that we get something we can all relate to in some way.

Just to clarify... In the lectures I have said that this is not about picking badge A, B or C it's about thinking what is relevant now and in the future. That may well be a new badge, that may be the current badge, that may be a redesigned earlier badge but whatever it is it's based on the feedback the club are receiving during this consultation process. It's another reason why I would urge all fans to try and attend. There's only one lecture left. Times running out.

I've been amazed at the number of views that have changed during this process and I love the way people are engaging with it. There still seem to be a lot of misconceptions out there though, so please if you've attended the lectures then please tell all what you've gained or how your views have changed. The more discussion the better and, as I've said at each talk, it's up to fans to get their preferred emblems, elements and views across. This is a great opportunity the club have given, so let's use it fully. If there's anything you need to know come to the talks or visit the consultation. The biggest worry I have is the confusion some seem to have over what are the authentic elements and when they were used.

Would love you to expand on that last paragraph please Gary...im very interested in any misconceptions and mistakes im nt aware of.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.