Club Badge (merged)

I can take or leave the eagle but the people who like it are being reasonable whereas the people that don't are coming across as a bit weird to me. Why get so mad over it? It's birdist! ;-) in trying to convince people that there are no City fans that want it you are likely to increase its support. In fact yeah I want the eagle now so ner.

I can take or leave the eagle but the people who like it are being reasonable whereas the people that don't are coming across as a bit weird to me. Why get so mad over it? It's birdist! ;-) in trying to convince people that there are no City fans that want it you are likely to increase its support. In fact yeah I want the eagle now so ner.
I can`t speak for others but personally I dislike the eagle and always have done but never really knew why. However, thanks to this discussion I have found out that the eagle is taken from united`s 1958 FA cup badge, so, unconsciously I have retained a distant memory of it thus explaining my dislike of it. Would you want a symbol that represents united on our badge?

I've spoken to a friend who works for a proffesional football kit manufacturer and he said if we are to stick to a woven badge (like we currently have with Nike as opposed to the embroidered ones from Umbro), we would need to have the final badge design with the manufacturers by the end of this month if we want the kits ready for next summer.

I just can't see that being feasible. It's not the modern City way to leave things to the last minute. I would guess there will be a second stage to the consultation where a final design / colour scheme will be voted on by members.

If we don't hear something definite from the club in the next 10 days, I think it's safe to assume any new badge won't appear until the 2017/18 season. Unless of course the club have aleready settled on a design and there is to be no second stage consultation.

Am I the only one who couldn't care less about this? It's just a badge.

Would the world stop turning if we didn't have one at all? Will it improve Bony's finishing, cure Aguero's hamstring problems or turn Kolarov into a defender who can actually defend? We'll no doubt end up with something that might have some local theme somewhere but is essentially a bland, corporate logo that can be reproduced wherever we have a presence - New York, Melbourne, Yokohama, Outer Mongolia, Timbuktu - at the expense of our Manchester roots.

But that's OK because we've been "consulted" about the elements we would like to see, which is fine as long as that exercise comes up with the answer they've almost certainly already decided on.

Yeah agree can see there point of view regarding the eagle, it's what the individual personal preference I loved the 70's badge not keen on the rose I like the eagle badge but whatever the final badge will look like I'll be happy with.

Am I the only one who couldn't care less about this? It's just a badge.

Would the world stop turning if we didn't have one at all? Will it improve Bony's finishing, cure Aguero's hamstring problems or turn Kolarov into a defender who can actually defend? We'll no doubt end up with something that might have some local theme somewhere but is essentially a bland, corporate logo that can be reproduced wherever we have a presence - New York, Melbourne, Yokohama, Outer Mongolia, Timbuktu - at the expense of our Manchester roots.

But that's OK because we've been "consulted" about the elements we would like to see, which is fine as long as that exercise comes up with the answer they've almost certainly already decided on.
you miserable ****

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.