Club Badge (merged)

Possibly, but the way it was worded hinted towards there being a tifo/display specifically in the South Stand. We've been asked to avoid using flags pre-kick off, ask all our members to get in seats early etc.
Possibly thinking numerous massive flags with the current badge might take away from the unveiling.

What's interesting to me is that a lot of foreign fans on Twitter seem to be against the circular badge/in favour of the pigeon.

Really would've liked to have seen the club come up with a few different mock ups and then given us all a vote on the one we fancied the most.

Part of me has a slight dread that we could end up with an Everton scenario where we end up getting some kind of monstrosity with a wide reaction of revulsion to an eventual change in a year.

Would've been nice to have a vote.

With how quick it's all been since the survey was done part of me thinks they already had something up their sleeve anyway, for it to be this quick from consultation to unveiling is really quite surprising.

Got my fingers crossed it looks the business. Which is all that matters at the end of the day.

This is what surprised me mate, after the Everton debacle, you think the club would play it safe.

Gav's core design is overwhelmingly popular. Even by those that wanted to keep the eagle. It would have been a very safe and astute decision to go with that design, very popular, with little to zero chance of any negative feedback whatsoever.

Instead, they've gone for a complete "Modern, original" redesign. There is a huge risk associated with that. It's so naive to think that anyone who voted for a rose is going to be happy with any old design, as long as a rose is included somewhere, it doesn't work like that!

If they were going for something completely original they should have let us decide on the final design. Instead they're forcing something completely new on us and hiding behind the questionnaire with the excuse of "well you voted for circle, rose, ship and rivers, so we're reflecting your views by including them all".

The problem is, there was no option to vote for "do you want a completely original design" "would you be happy with anything as long as your favourite symbols are included" or "would you like a modern interpretation of a classic design that reflects our identity".

Fans don't want something "modern, original" that's how we ended up with the fucking eagle disaster in the first place. A designer trying to change too much. Fans want a badge that represents our city and our identity. We've had those badges in the past and they were extremely popular. The reason so many voted to change to a circle was not because therevwas an appetite for something "Modern" and "Original" it's because we wanted to go back to a something similar to the overwhelmingly popular badges we had in the past that were taken away from us!

Modern and original should just mean neat, clean and sharp. That's it. Gav's designs ticked those boxes. By trying to make something like modern and original, you actually subversively stop it from being timeless by definition. If they try and make it look 'modern' they'll fuck it up. If they make it neat and precise it'll be fine.

From that email the club sent out, I reckon there's going to be some gold/yellow on it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.